The Chalklands Cluster of GLF Schools is looking to appoint a Family Link Worker to join their team as soon as possible. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a growing Academy Trust and work across 4 excellent schools, making a difference in the local community.
We are looking for a Family Link Worker to work closely with the schools
The successful candidate will support the families and wider communities of the schools in the Chalklands cluster, helping to ensure excellent attendance and signposting to local services and support for the wellbeing of the children and wider family networks.
Chalklands is a cluster of 4 primary schools consisting of Marden Lodge Primary School, Hillcroft Primary School, Warlingham Village Primary School and Whyteleafe School. They are happy, vibrant and forward thinking schools in which children excel themselves, both academically and socially. We have high standards and expect the best.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone who will be able to:
- Develop positive relationships with young children and their families
- Develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child with whom you are supporting
- Stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour.
- Be enthusiastic, motivated and committed to working as part of a team.
- Be a confident and clear communicator with parents.
- Be flexible
- Have good time management
- Hold a full driving licence
- Be willing to undertake further training
- Use their experience of working in a school or in a similar role
Why work at Chalklands
- A chance to join a group of schools who place high importance on a positive working culture
- An opportunity to help shape and develop a curriculum to meet the needs of local community
- A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community with excellent transport links
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
- Recognition of previous school continuous service
- Excellent CPD opportunities
Thrive in a career at GLF Schools
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff.
Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience.
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Staff Wellbeing
- Career Pathways and Talent Management
- Staff Benefits
- Community and Collaboration
- Valued Worker Scheme
Salary: £22,500 - £31,000 FTE
Pro Rata: £19,356
Hours of work: 36 hours per week 39 weeks of the year (term time + 1)
Closing date for applications: 2nd November 2020
Interview date: TBA
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.