Are you hard working, diligent and looking for a challenge? Do you have a natural flair for working with families who need support in overcoming barriers? Can you provide focused family support to children and families with complex needs which: improves parenting capacity, adult capacity for education and employment and the attendance of children. Are you creative, open-minded, have a sense of humour and are genuinely committed to enabling all families to achieve their full potential?
If so, the governors are seeking to appoint an outstanding Family Support Officer to join their highly effective inclusion team who work to make a significant contribution to raising standards in the school enabling all children and families to achieve their full potential despite the barriers they may face. The role offers the opportunity to work with families across the school. The challenge is to build a highly successful and ‘outstanding’ school through high quality support as well as high quality teaching and learning.
Do you have the drive, vision and values to join our Team?
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and effective Family Support Officer who:
• is strongly committed to our Catholic ethos
• has excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
• has a passion for working with children and their families: enabling and empowering them to be ‘strong and independent’
• is committed and contributes to the work of the staff team in improving outcomes for all children and families
• has a range of strategies for managing and improving behavior, welfare and mental health
• is enthusiastic and proactive with drive, ambition and initiative
• has the ability and commitment to work in partnership with staff, children, families and a range of agencies
We can offer:
• A strong inclusive school where our Catholic ethos is central to all we do
• A warm and welcoming school that is unique in its richness and diversity of cultures
• A caring, hardworking and dedicated school team who are committed to a child/family-centred approach to maximise improvement
• Staff Health and Well-Being programme and support
• Enthusiastic children with a thirst for learning
• A commitment to strong partnerships between children, parents, school team, governors, the local parishes and the wider community
• A commitment to continuing professional development for all
For more information and an application pack, please contact Mrs Coyle, School Business Manager.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment; as such we will pursue safer recruitment processes and will verify all references. An enhanced criminal record check via the DBS will be required.
Closing Date: Tues 25.08.20
Shortlisting Friday 28.08.20
The role will be subject to a 6 month probationary period -Due to Covid we will follow Government guidelines for recruitment guidelines
Holy Rosary and St Anne's Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.