We are delighted that you are interested in a career at Broadmere and New Monument Primary Academy. We two individual single form entry primary schools that work in close collaboration, led by one senior leadership team. Broadmere School is situated in Sheerwater, Woking and New Monument is just over a mile away in Maybury. Both schools are popular and successful schools. Our staff are a motivated and diverse group of teachers, representing many countries, cultures, and strengths, who are committed to helping our pupils to thrive, aspire and achieve. Our belief is that all pupils, regardless of their conditions in life, can achieve excellent outcomes when surrounded and supported by caring staff with high expectations. We are passionate about staff professional development and are proud of our track record in career progression for our staff. We warmly welcome you to come and visit us so that you can experience first-hand our inclusive and happy ethos and atmosphere, please contact the school office to arrange a visit.
Interviews can take place before the closing date.
To work closely with parents and carers to help overcome pupils’ barriers to learning, whether inside or outside school. This will involve maintaining regular communication, putting interventions in place, and liaising with relevant staff and professionals to ensure parents and carers are consistently engaged in pupils’ development and progress.
Duties and responsibilities
- Working with parents and carers
- Act as a point of contact for the parents/carers of pupils receiving additional support
- Maintain regular communication with specific parents/carers and provide personalised support for families through issues as they arise
- Put interventions in place to encourage parents/carers’ involvement in supporting pupils’ development and progress
- Keep up to date on the latest services available in the local area so you can promote and signpost parents/carers to these via a range of communication channels (e.g. social media, newsletters, in meetings, etc)
- Carry out home visits, where required
- Implement and monitor progress of action plans, working with parents/carers to make adjustments to support as necessary
- Provide personalised support for parents/carers to help manage transition for their child
- Support parents/carers through the application process for accessing local services and help them attend relevant meetings
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Term-time hours
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
- Pension Scheme.
- Two-week half term in October
- Extensive CPD opportunities for both curriculum and subject areas
- Part of Bourne Education Trust
- Asda supermarket within walking distant
- Employee Wellbeing and Assistance Scheme
- On-site parking
- Selected funded courses
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Eye-care vouchers
- Catering facilities (school dinners)
- Free Tea & Coffee for all staff
- Trust wide IT support
- The Sheerwater area is undergoing a large and exciting regeneration project
- Broadmere is within walking distant of a new gym where staff get a discount on membership
The Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.