Family Support Worker
30 hours per week
Fixed Term - until 31 August 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to support teaching and learning at Danemill Primary School in Leicester. This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual.
• BTEC Level 3 Teaching Assistant or Educational Studies or equivalent.
• Good Literacy and Numeracy GCSE Maths and English or equivalent.
• A minimum of 3 years working experience in an educational setting.
• Effective working with Primary aged children/young people and their families.
WHY CHOOSE US:
At Danemill we believe that a happy child is a child who will enjoy learning in a positive, inclusive and fun environment. Our aim is to ensure that each and every child fulfils their potential and is ready for the next stage in their education. Our key learning values are woven throughout our curriculum, curiosity, communication, reflection, resilience, motivation, creativity, collaboration and bravery.
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
• Good opportunities for personal and career development.
• Pension Scheme.
• Employee benefits such as childcare vouchers and retail discounts.
• Access to employee assistance programme.
Please note the starting Salary of £22,185, is based on full-time hours and working 52 weeks a year. The salary for the appointment is on a pro rata basis, working 30 per hours a week and term time only. Please contact us if you require further clarification.
Closing date for applications is the 08 October 2020.
Interviews to be held on 13 October 2020.
Enderby Danemill Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure form the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service).