Permanent, 37 hours per week, term time only (plus 2 weeks to be worked in the school holiday period) to start in January 2021
VTG9 Scale Point 26-29 starting salary £25,012 per annum, pro rata (actual starting salary £22,545 per annum) plus Health Care Cash Plan and Benefits Package
Merchants’ Academy is an all age Academy based in Withywood, Bristol with students from Nursery through to Sixth Form. Merchants’ Academy is part of Venturers Trust which is sponsored by the Society of Merchant Venturers together with the University of Bristol. The Trust comprises Primary, Secondary, all-age schools and a Special school with 3,500 pupils and 700 staff. The Academy provides an exceptional environment for students and staff.
We are looking to recruit a positive, hardworking and skilled ambitious individual who wants to make a real difference to children’s lives and is ready to take on a new challenge. As Family Support Worker you will be part of the academy’s safeguarding team and will undertake lead responsibility for safeguarding and child protection within the academy. You will also be the key point of contact for families in need of support.
The successful candidate will have:
- GCSEs at Grade C or above in English and maths (or equivalent qualifications).
- Recognised qualification in Social Care, Education or Health or equivalent and/or equivalent practical work experience.
- Significant experience working in a similar environment.
- Trained in aspects of emotional literacy including some of the following: emotional awareness, self-esteem, anger management, social and friendship skills, social communication difficulties, loss, bereavement and family break up and a willingness to undertake training to develop these further.
- Knowledge of Child Protection and Safeguarding Procedures and protocols
In return you will join a wonderful team and have every opportunity to further your professional development and career with an excellent benefit package including; Wellbeing Health Cash Plan, Retail Discounts, ICT Loans, Professional Induction Incentive plus others.
Closing date: Wednesday 2nd December 2020 at 9:00. Interviews: Week commencing 7th December 2020.
Merchants' Academy is part of Venturers Trust and is committed to
equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS
check is required for all staff.