Come to work at SCL, have fun, feel inspired and be inspiring! Every single person who works at SCL is making a difference in our local communities and having a huge impact on children and young people’s lives.
Founded in 1999, SCL is the UK’s largest provider of education and skills training within the sports and active childcare sector working with grassroots Academies through to Premiership Football Clubs such as West Ham Foundation, Premiership Rugby and Elite Cricket Clubs, positively impacting the future prospects of children and young people.
When you join us, you will see that working for us is more than just a job - you will be part of a team who have built a highly successful, fast growing business.
This is a very exciting teaching opportunity at an established provider.
Based at: Meridian Sports Club, Charlton Park Lane SE7 8QS
Main purpose of position
Responsible for ensuring delivery of an educational programme, developing loyalty from existing customers by delivering excellence in everything. As part of this role the FE Sports Lecturer will be involved in working with learners on a group or on a one-to-one basis, delivering all aspects of qualification.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Teaching/Learner Management
- Identify and progress new topic areas, courses and teaching materials whilst maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge
- Lead, inspire and support learners with different abilities
- Mark work, giving appropriate feedback and maintain records of learners progress and development
- Manage and monitor all learner evidence in line with company and awarding body requirements
- Devise and oversee examinations, ensure regular contact with the Quality Trainer (IV) to ensure quality standards are met
- Ensure all learners are progress through their qualification adhering to schemes of work
- Maintain regular communication with Key Stakeholders on learner progress
- Carry out a pastoral role as a personal tutor to learners
- Identify and plan additional support for learners as necessary
- Act as a Company representative at parents' evenings, taster days, open days and careers or education conventions
- Interview potential learners and conduct assessments as necessary
- Manage learner behaviour and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of unacceptable behaviour;
- Establish work experience and carry out learner assessments in the workplace, as appropriate
- Ensure Equality and Diversity is embedded and instilled both in and out of the classroom
- Identify and raise any safeguarding issues to the relevant representative
- Promote and instil a safe learning environment
- Participate in regular teaching observations and in-service training as part of continuing professional development (CPD)
- Attend team meetings to monitor, review and evaluate relevant courses
- Understand fully the national standards for each qualification
- Act as the Company’s representative at club trials/events
- Manage and support all learner recruitment with the Sales department
- Maintain learner retention targets
- Promote and market SCL services within client settings
- Actively promote further opportunities for course participation
- Maintain knowledge regarding Education and Training stakeholders’ policies and procedures
- Provide timely feedback to Key Stakeholders on a regular basis
- Ensure that safeguarding, prevent and E&D policies and own training is kept up to date at all times
- Meet all course and general administration requirements such as but not limited to:
- Management and reporting of student attendance
- Update qualification Tracker Sheet
- Management and reporting of student behaviour
- Learner reports in line with customer or SCL requirements
- Ensure all Health & Safety checks are completed
- General course administration
Skills & Qualifications
- A recognised secondary or post 16 teaching qualification, e.g. PGCE, DTTLS OT A1 Award
- First Aid
- PT Qualification
- V1 Award
What SCL offer?
Attractive benefits for you and your family - We offer Life Assurance, Income Protection and reimbursement for dental, optical and alternative health therapies to all of our staff
An exciting and rewarding employee recognition scheme - We make sure excellence is recognised and give our stars a very special VIP experience at our annual awards
Outstanding internal promotion prospects
Investment and Training - We are dedicated to developing you to reach your potential
Companywide Socials - A chance for the entire company to get together
Excellent Staff discounts on SCL services - Opportunity to save on childcare costs at SCL provisions
The safety and welfare of children is paramount to SCL, all applicants will be subject to thorough background checks to ensure their suitability to work with children. These will include, but are not limited to; reference checks, police checks, DBS checks and qualification checks.
SCL Education & Training is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.