We have an exciting opportunity for an organised, professional, committed and enthusiastic Finance and Administration Assistant to support the smooth running of the school. The successful candidate will be able to work effectively in a busy school office with close attention to detail. We are seeking to recruit a colleague with both the commitment, personal drive, enthusiasm and energy to contribute to the team in our friendly, inspirational school.
You will need to be positive and professional as well as being flexible to the demands of the role. You will be joining our dedicated and supportive office team.
This will involve:
• Supporting the SBM & Senior Finance Assistant in the financial and administrative duties of the school.
• Producing and processing orders, liaising with suppliers, contractors, teachers and support staff.
• Providing efficient and effective management of the School Fund financial systems, including reconciliation of School Funds on Wisepay (our financial management system), preparing school fund transfer balances and month end reports
• Responsibility for the administrative arrangements for the hiring of the school premises
• Reconciliation of school dinner money, trips and events and coordination of the electronic display of dinner menus.
• Liaising with teachers for supply for training days and sickness.
• Organising school trips with class teachers, including coach bookings, event bookings, communication with parents.
• Providing routine clerical support including word processing tasks, photocopying, reprographics, filing, emailing etc.
• Trained first aider.
You will need to have good ICT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel) to carry out your duties, together with previous experience of using financial or accounting software. Full training will be provided on all school systems for the successful candidate. You will need good communication skills and a professional manner. Other essential qualities include confidentiality, efficiency and being able to work on your own initiative and under pressure and a willingness to contribute to the continued improvement of our wonderful school.
Our ideal candidate will have drive and motivation, great organisational skills, previous administration and/or financial experience, and a sense of humour.
This is a permanent role, Monday to Friday working 9.00am to 3.00pm, for 39 weeks of the year. These hours include a 15 minute paid break each day. All holidays are required to be taken during the school holiday periods.
We offer a positive and thriving school environment, a great team of staff and a commitment to continuing professional development.
Interviews to be held on Tuesday 17th December 2019.
Engage Enrich Excel Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It expects all staff to share this commitment and the successful applicant will be required to undertake a Disclosure Barring Service check (DBS).
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.