Contract: Fixed Term until July 2021
Salary: G9, £12,834.65 per annum, rising to £14,742.81 per annum through annual increment (£22,183 to £25,481 FTE)
Hours: 25 per week, term time only to include INSET days (39 weeks)
Winterbourne Academy are seeking a Finance & Administration Assistant to provide support to the Business Manager in the operational efficiency of the academy finance and business administration function.
This post is fixed term until July 2021 to provide additional support during the global health pandemic and to clear a backlog of work.
The post-holder will undertake a variety of general administrative, clerical and finance related tasks.
The successful candidate will:
• have finance experience in a school, college, academy, university or educational setting (desirable).
• hold AAT intermediate, NVQ 3 Business and Administration or equivalent qualification or experience in a finance role and evidence of knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
• have a working knowledge of SIMs and PS Financials (desirable).
• be competent in the use of MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• have a working knowledge of computerised finance systems and financial controls.
• have the ability to undertake financial/budgetary calculations
• have the ability to exercise a high level of attention to detail on accuracy of work produced
• take pride in contributing to the delivery of a first-class finance and business administration function and have the ability to create, implement and improve systems
• have excellent organisational skills and be flexible in their approach to work
• work well under pressure and have a deadline orientated approach to their work
• have a positive and proactive approach to problem solving
• have the ability to work without close supervision
• have a willingness to cover for colleagues in other admin Teams when necessary
This role covers various financial disciplines, and provides a great opportunity for development and growth.
Please refer to the candidate information document attached for further information about the role.
What we Offer:
• An Academy that is fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability or starting point
• Collaborative working within our shared family of Schools
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• Onsite parking
• Employee benefits such as cycle scheme, discounted gym membership and employer contributing Pension Scheme
• Fantastic facilities
Interested parties are warmly invited to submit an OAT Application Form outlining reasons for applying and suitability for the role. We encourage you to browse our website to obtain more information about working for The Olympus Academy Trust at Winterbourne Academy. If you would like an informal discussion about this post prior to submitting an application then please contact Dawn Franklin, Business Manager on O1454 252014.
Closing Date: Sunday, 6th December 2020 - We recommend early applications as the academy reserves the right to close the advert prior to the stated deadline date
Interview Date: TBC
The Olympus Academy Trust - Winterbourne Academy is committed to creating a dynamic and diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their age, gender, disability, age, race or ethnicity, sexual orientation or faith. We have procedures in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process.
The Olympus Academy Trust - Winterbourne Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff, volunteers and candidates for vacant posts are expected to share this commitment. Suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. Where given permission to do so, references will be requested for shortlisted candidates prior to interview. Candidates attending an interview should expect the interview panel to explore issues relating to safeguarding and commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to vetting, including an enhanced DBS check.