Cambridge Regional College have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Assistant (Credit Control) to join our Sales Ledger team in Cambridge. You will join us on a part time basis working 26 hours per week and in return you will receive a competitive salary of between £12,872 to £14,344 per annum, full time equivalent £18,318 to £20,413 per annum, plus staff benefits.
About Cambridge Regional College:
We are a large and inspirational centre of learning with Campuses in Cambridge and Huntingdon. We have outstanding teaching and leisure facilities and a reputation for excellence in a number of fields. Our campus facilities are among the best in the country. In addition we value our staff as we understand they make the difference in transforming lives, our investment in our staff has been formally recognised in being accredited with Investors in People Gold status.
CRC is a college to be proud of. With around 700 staff, 3,500 full-time students and 4,500 apprentices, the campus atmosphere is busy and vibrant. You will find a modern teaching environment with lots of energy and interaction. We strive to achieve very high standards of teaching with regular staff development.
It is important to us that we recognise the hard work and commitment of our staff. As such, you can benefit from a range of rewards, including:
- Discounted rates on Apple products
- Free gym membership option and discounted classes
- Discounted rates on college courses
- BUPA Health Expenses cash plan and Occupational Health services
- Free on-site car parking
- Exclusive discounts for high street and online stores with Rewards@CRC
- On site restaurants, retail and coffee outlets (Costa Coffee at Cambridge Campus and Starbucks at Huntingdon Campus)
- Free independent telephone counselling service with our Employee Assistant Programme
- Staff Development opportunities
About our Finance Assistant role:
Part of the Sales ledger team at our Cambridge Campus, and reporting into the Senior Credit Controller, you’ll assist in the maintenance of the College’s Sales Ledger/Credit Control function and enrolments, and assist with other functions within the Finance Office, as directed.
Key duties will include:
- Review and monitor all sales ledger, ensuring collection targets are consistently maintained and cash collection is maximised.
- Ensure debts are collected within correct timescales as per team targets.
- Maintain and update customer records on the colleges accounting system with details of collection activity.
- Set up credit agreements with students who require them, and resolve queries
- Input direct debits and set up schedules
-Liaise with internal teams as well as build strong relationships with Sponsors and County Councils
- Such other duties commensurate with the grade of the post as may be reasonably required at any of the College locations.
What we are looking for in our ideal Finance Assistant:
- A finance related vocational qualification equivalent to Level 3, plus English and Maths GCSE or equivalent, grade C or above
- Preferably 1 years’ experience within a sales ledger role or Finance
- Accounts system, good communications skills
- Customer facing experience
- Flexible approach to work, and willing to work additional hours at enrolment and other peak times
- Microsoft Office including Excel to intermediate level
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Able to work on any College site as and when requested
For further details please see attached Job Description.
If your experience and skills match the role criteria and you are excited by this new job opportunity, please click ‘apply’ today to be considered for our Finance Assistant role. Don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date: 19th March 2021
Cambridge Regional College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The College reserves the right to fill this vacancy ahead of the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.