One year Fixed Term Contract
(There is opportunity to move to permanent contract)
Required for immediate start
Salary Range: ME5 Points 5
ME5 Points 5 – 6, £ 22,518 – £22,968 (20 hours per week, 41 weeks term time)
including all inset day salary pro-rata based per annum inclusive of London Weighting
Liberty Primary School is looking for enthusiastic, hardworking, numerate and committed part time Finance Assistant to work in the school front office under the direction of the Business Manager. Candidate must be willing to work as a key front staff in the day to day running of the front office and have extensive finance skills.
Finance Assistant will support the smooth running of the school finance operations and
procedures, its functions, systems and promotes front line excellent customer service to all parents, teachers, pupils and related partners.
This is a part time job for an experienced school finance assistant who has used Financial School Management (FSM).
Liberty School is a Merton Local Authority maintained school in Mitcham. We cater for children from ages 3-11. This role will be an exciting opportunity for you in a school known for its diversity and family friendly environment. Liberty delivers exciting and challenging curriculum within a structured environment.
Main Job Outline:
- In conjunction with the Headteacher and SBM be responsible with the smooth and
efficient running, of the School Financial Management System and Parentpay and ensure the most effective use of resources in office.
- To be responsible for the processing of purchase orders, invoices, bank
reconciliation, journals and undertaking banking duties and resolves queries from suppliers and providers.
- To assist the SBM to ensure that all financial procedures and accounts associated
with local financial management are conducted efficiently and in accordance with Local Authority and Audit guidelines and in the preparation of financial information.
- To be responsible for the finance administration and collection service for a range of
Liberty Services, e.g. School dinner, trips, school termly clubs, extended service fees and any other related school finances as required by SBM.
- To manage school finance email inbox
- Taking responsibility for the administration and communication with staff and parents in
connection with educational visits (School Journey), and other school trips. This includes the collection and recording of related money, booking of coaches and venues.
- Knowledge and experience of account procedures
- High levels of computer literacy including Excel.
- Able to understand and work with numbers
- High attention to detail and well organised.
- Confident personality - Must be able to discuss issues with both suppliers and clients.
- To be flexible and self-motivated and work as a team member.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Ability to be proactive, flexible and adaptable.
A full job description, person specification and application form attached please read
this before applying.
In return, we can offer you:
- A Good school with Outstanding Early Years provision (Ofsted 2018)
- A dynamic, innovative School with an excellent working environment in a remarkable
- A diverse and supportive multicultural school community
- Creative thinking, intellectual challenge and collaborative working are fundamental to
a Liberty education and that is reflected in our workplace too.
- Our school commitment to staff training and development.
- Governors and a Headteacher with a proven record of school improvement
- To be part of a friendly and hardworking team of staff and governors who are
committed to working collaboratively on our exciting journey on moving the whole
school to outstanding.
- A modern working environment with easy- accessibility to rail/tram, underground
- A school with excellent facilities and extensive ground
Please contact Ibironke Tinubu - School Business Manager for any other information required.
Completed application forms to be returned online.
Applications Close: Friday 12th March 2021 – (12 noon)
Shortlisting: Monday 15th March 2021
Interview: Wednesday 17th March 2021