Morley College London is an Institute of Adult Learning with specialist designated institution status (SDI). Founded in 1889, we provide learning opportunities to over 12,000 people every year, specialising in Arts, Culture and Applied Sciences. The College is a lively and exciting place to work, offering a range of benefits and a friendly and supportive working environment, where each staff member is encouraged to develop their professional skills and experience. In February 2020, Morley College London will merge with Kensington and Chelsea College, running provision from sites in North Kensington, Chelsea and Waterloo. This is an exciting time to join a growing college, which is set to become one of the largest Institutes of Adult Learning in the country.
We are looking to appoint a Finance Controller to will provide operational line management of the Finance function of the College. Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer the post holder will provide accurate and punctual financial reporting data. The role will also oversee all financial transactions, budget monitoring and variance reporting and provide business partnership role to budget holders. The post holder should be ACCA / CIMA / CIPFA qualified.
Other responsibilities will include:
• Significant experience of developing financial systems, including reporting systems and procedures to achieve a higher level of automation
• Proven experience of producing financial reports for a variety of audiences
• Up to date knowledge of accounting policies and procedures as well as previous experience of developing financial procedures and robust internal controls
• Strong analytical and technical accounting skills
• Excellent IT skills including the ability to use Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Access, as well as extensive experience of computerised accounting systems using financial databases and reporting packages
• Excellent time management and organisational skills. Ability to prioritise work, work under pressure and deliver to agreed deadlines
Closing date: 5pm Monday 10th February 2020
Morley College London is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.