Each Nord Anglia Education school is unique in character and designed to meet the needs of its community. We are united by our philosophy, to be ambitious for our students, our people and our family of schools. We believe that being part of our family of 61 schools gives them a special advantage. Working together, we can achieve more than we can individually. Our schools have access to a wide range of resources and support to enhance their success. We also create unique opportunities to benefit our students and people, such as the Global Campus, Nord Anglia University, and our collaborations with The Juilliard School, MIT, UNICEF and King’s College London.
Nord Anglia International School Dubai
Nord Anglia International School Dubai opened to students in September 2014. It is purpose built and very generously resourced . Our curriculum is based upon the legacy of the English National Curriculum adapted to the local environment leading up to GCSE and on to the IB Diploma programme. Our last year’s GCSE pass rate was a 98% overall pass with 71% A* and A passes was distinguished
About the Role
Overall management of the finance function and financial performance
- Ensure proper accounting and financial records and systems are maintained
- Ensure financial accounts are produced monthly, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and within agreed timeframes.
- Ensure all statutory accounting and tax returns are produced and submitted in accordance with legislation.
- To liaise with external auditors and tax advisors regarding the statutory accounts and other statutory returns. In conjunction with the senior teams, Finance Director and Principal, produce business plans, annual budgets and quarterly re-forecasts for the school.
- Play a lead role in the budgeting, forecasting and planning process
- Work with the budget holders to determine correct allocation of cost budgets across cost centres and budget headings.
- Monitoring, reporting and controlling cost centre budgets.
- Ensure that cost efficiency is a key part of the budget process, eliminating waste and ensuring best value for money.
- Review and reporting of the monthly management accounts to the Principal and to Nord Anglia.
- Oversee and manage the workload of the finance team staff and manage their professional development
The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics:
Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Have excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Pay attention to detail and have strong analytical skills
- Be able to work under pressure and remain calm
- Experience in an education sector is preferred
The closing date for application is 21st April 2019. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews that will take place at the Nord Anglia International School Dubai in the week beginning 28th April 2019
This is a full-time vacancy, starting from 19th May 2019
For the right candidate the role may be further enhanced to include driving the business development of additional services at NAS Dubai.
At Nord Anglia Education we are committed to providing a world class, safe, happy environment in which children and young people are able to thrive and learn. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our pupils irrespective of race, ability, religion, gender or culture.
All post holders in regulated activity (having regular unsupervised contact with children) are subject to appropriate national and international vetting procedures including satisfactory criminal record checks from both Country of residence/birth and any Country of residence within the last 10 years.
Nord Anglia International School Dubai is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.