he successful applicant will be expected to:
• Manage the College’s and its subsidiary companies financial affairs efficiently and effectively
• Preparation and analysis of monthly management accounts
• Preparation of annual financial statements.
• Work with internal and external auditors and ensure all actions arising are implemented and monitored
• Oversee all aspects of cash management including bank reconciliations, payment runs and cash flow forecasting
• Assist with the budget planning process and the 3 year financial plan
• Ensuring expenditure is kept in line with budget and financial procedures are adhered to
• Liaising closely with managers and budget holders across the organisation to support operations, resolve issues and monitor internal controls
• Responsible for finance systems including maintenance and development
• Management of accounting procedures and process improvement
• Preparation and submission of statutory returns, including VAT, ONS, ESFA
• Responsible for fixed assets; including maintaining the asset register, acquisition, capitalisation, depreciation and disposal
• Oversee effective procurement to ensure value for money
• Lead and line manage the College Finance team ensuring effective recruitment, professional development and performance management in line with College policies and values.
• Carry out additional duties and tasks that may be required within the range of responsibilities of the post; deputising for the Finance Director when required.
Telford College of Arts and Technology is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.