We are seeking a part-time Finance Manager with strong financial, accountancy and systems credentials to join our Business Team in a well-established position. This role will be particularly suited to someone with previous financial management experience in a school.
The role is part-time; 28 hours per week, term-time only, and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to negotiate their working pattern to incorporate up to 50% working from home.
The post holder will support the School Business Manager, Headteacher and Governors with the financial management of Montpelier Primary School. Previous financial experience in a school or the public sector is essential. Candidates must also have intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office packages, in particular Outlook, Word and Excel and be able to demonstrate excellent organisational, analytical and communication skills. Previous experience of FMS will be very beneficial in this role and the school also uses Schools Cash Office on a daily basis.
Montpelier Primary School is a large, three form entry and over-subscribed outstanding school in Ealing, West London. We have been a National Support School since 2012 and until September 2021 also led as a National Teaching School. This allows us to offer particularly targeted robust and supportive CPD and mentoring opportunities for all our teaching and support staff.
The school has the most up to date technology in offices and classrooms and makes effective use of a range of online services to support our teaching and learning. We have strong IT and technical support for our systems and equipment. We engage external bursarial support to complement our operational and strategic financial compliance and planning.
We are committed to supporting all our staff to manage workload and actively review practice to ensure a positive work / life balance. In addition to this, the school benefits from staff parking, excellent public transport links and beautiful surroundings, being adjacent to an established arboretum. Our parents/carers are actively engaged in supporting their children’s education and contribute through volunteering and attendance at school events and workshops. Our PTFA is extremely active in fundraising to enhance the pupil environment and experience at Montpelier.
The successful candidate will have a sound knowledge of financial compliance, excellent communication skills, a high level of motivation and enthusiasm and the ability to integrate into and work effectively within a small and harmonious team.
Main Purpose of the job
- Under the guidance of SBM, to be responsible for undertaking administrative, financial and organisational processes within the school.
- To assist the SBM and Headteacher in the financial planning and management of the school
- To be responsible for the efficient management of school finances and accounts and other responsibilities as determined in the job description by Senior Leaders
- We are keen to meet candidates who:
- can integrate into a committed and effective business team
- have excellent interpersonal skills with pupils, staff and parents/carers
- have experience of using technology to support their role or are keen to acquire these new skills
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- was judged to be Outstanding in 2012
- has a staff that is committed to the school ethos of BASICS (Belonging, Aspiration, Safety, Identity, Challenge, Success)
- has a very supportive leadership team
- is committed to continuing professional development
- is highly popular and well-resourced
- has pupils who thrive in a creative and challenging atmosphere
- has parents and carers who are supportive and ambitious for their children.
The school has a supportive ethos and is focused on professional development for all staff members.
If you would like to arrange a visit to the school, please contact the school office to arrange.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and appropriate safeguarding checks will be undertaken on shortlisted candidates and further checks will be carried out on the successful candidate. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore, if shortlisted, you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not ‘protected’ prior to your interview. Please visit the Policies section on our school website to read our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy.
Montpelier Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.