From October 2022, we are looking to appoint an exceptional Foreign Language Assistant, fluent in either or both Spanish and French, who will support the foreign language teachers at Cotham School. This will be for an eight month fixed term contract commencing 3 October 2022 until 31 May 2023.
Hours of work are 12 hours per week teaching Spanish and / or 12 hours per week teaching French term time only
You will have timetabled lessons with the Post 16 students in groups of varying sizes, where you will cover the A level language topics studied in class. You will also work with year 10 and 11 language students who are preparing for their GCSE. Support will mostly be with small groups of students for speaking practice or may be in the classroom with all students. Please indicate which post you are interested in and include your language(s) of expertise.
Cotham School is an extremely successful specialist academy that serves the local community, providing a high quality education for its students. We consistently deliver outstanding academic outcomes, amongst the best in the city and are determined to raise standards even further.
Cotham School is a great place to work. We’re a fantastic friendly team, proud of what we achieve and looking forward to welcoming new people to share in our achievements. Join us and you’ll receive a wide range of employee benefits including:
• a generous holiday allowance for support staff of 24 days, rising to 29 with service
• excellent work life balance with term time working arrangements
• excellent defined benefit pension schemes (Local government or teacher’s pension scheme)
• access to employee assistance programme and counselling sessions
• ongoing learning and development opportunities and access to the school CPD library
• at least 5 inset (training) days per annum with the provision of free onsite drinks and meals
• comprehensive induction process
• competitive salaries which are reviewed annually
• family friendly policies and wellbeing support initiatives
• savings on purchases via smart hive employee benefits platform
• reduced price access to gyms and health sessions
• access to staff sports
• option to participate in the cycle to work scheme
• on site free car parking (when available)
• access to discounted dental and health care schemes, plus free eye tests and free annual flu jab
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, age or disability and we particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups.
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Further details can be found on our website.
Closing date for applications: 9 am 10th June 2022
Interviews will be held on: 17th June 2022
Salary: £25,419 pro rata.
Actual salary £7,177 for 12 hours teaching of one language or £14,353 for 24 hours teaching (delivering both languages)
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All offers of appointment are conditional on the following:
• Enhanced DBS check
• Satisfactory completion of a Staff Disqualification Declaration form
• Confirmation that you are not subject to either a Prohibition Order or Interim Prohibition Order
• The receipt of at least 2 satisfactory references
• Verification of identity
• Verification of medical fitness
• Verification of qualifications
• Verification of QTS where required
• Verification that they are legally able to work in UK