FOREIGN LANGUAGE ASSISTANTS (FRENCH, GERMAN & SPANISH)
Salary Grade: RID4.19
Salary Band: £10.08 per hour (£19,446 FTE)
Location: The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College
Contract Type: Term time only
Contract Term: Casual, up to 6 hours per week
Closing Date: Friday 6th September 2019 (noon)
Interview Date: On application
Start: September 2019
About the opportunity:
We wish to recruit outstanding Foreign Language Assistants with French, German or Spanish to join our dedicated team and contribute to ensuring our school continues to flourish.
We require a resourceful, enthusiastic and self-motivated FLA. The candidate should ideally have experience of working in a school environment supporting classes with an enthusiasm for improving students learning. We would like someone with a tolerant and compassionate nature and sense of humour which would be an asset and the ability to work co-operatively within a team setting is also essential.
This school has a strong academic reputation that has gone from strength to strength and shows the hard efforts of staff and students. This is an excellent opportunity to work in partnership with the teaching staff in the school and staff from other schools that make up The White Horse Federation. The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College is passionate and committed to ensuring that our curriculum is engaging and inspiring, with high levels of creativity and innovation in our teaching and learning.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- Able to improve pupils' communication skills (in particular oral skills) and develop their knowledge of a different society and culture;
- An excellent Foreign Language Assistant who loves working with students and helping to inspire them to achieve high standards and realise their potential;
- A great team player who can work successfully in collaboration with others and contribute towards the school ethos and its school improvement activities;
- Able to plan activities and lessons and produce resources to enable students to improve their language skill
- Someone who enjoys the challenge and can bring the vision, passion and drive to raise standards in all aspects of school life;
- Be fully committed to working collaboratively with the wider school community and across the federation;
- Able to make a significant contribution to the wider life of our School;
- Have experience of working with students with social, emotional and mental health difficulties; and be fully aware of the key elements of nurture provision.
- Able to positively promote inclusion and have high expectations for all students.
We can offer you:
- An attractive working environment with excellent facilities and supportive families;
- A committed, hardworking and supportive team;
- 100% focus on improving outcomes for the students in our school;
- Well-resourced classrooms;
- A group of students with a passion for learning.
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged - please come and meet some of the staff and our children and see for yourself! Please contact 01793-846100 to make an appointment.
More information about the school can be found on our website
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
- Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Reward Gateway discounts (P&T)
- Cashback healthcare plan (P)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
The Ridgeway School and Sixth Form College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.