Shere Infant School & Nursery and Clandon Primary School are seeking a creative and inspirational Forest School Leader to develop a lifelong connection with nature for our children.
A brilliant opportunity for fantastic Forest School Leader to join our team, with time spent in both schools. This role is particularly exciting as we have recently been granted access to new environments, including ancient forest, parkland and farmland. The successful candidate will work with both schools to plan, deliver and embed a holistic outdoor education curriculum that will become the ethos for our new federation.
We are a small, nurturing, and loving family, and together we are on a journey.
Our schools have had very different pasts but we are dedicated to an successful and collaborative future! This role would be for three days (days and times negotiable).
If you read about our school online (Ofsted) you will almost certainly get the wrong impression of us. We have new leaders and a passion for curriculum, development, and progressive practice.
This is your chance to join us and be part of our success!
What we can offer you:
- Small and nurturing family schools in stunning village location
- The opportunity to innovate, research and develop a true Forest School!
- Beautiful and diverse forest school locations.
- Excellent professional development.
- A lot of fun!
Who are we looking for:
- A creative and loving Forest School Leader.
- A leader who is committed to driving this project and harnessing the opportunities we have been given.
- Someone with a passion for nature and a commitment to all children.
- A team player.
- A teacher who strives to understand the complex lives of children to help them achieve great holistic outcomes.
We can’t welcome visitors to our school at the moment which is a great pity. I am confident that if you came to have a look you would love our little school as much as we do.
What we can offer is an informal chat with the Headteacher.
Please email the school office to arrange this discussion.
Clandon CofE (Aided) Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Any successful applicant will be required to undertake a Disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service at an appropriate level for the post.