South Wilford Endowed C of E Primary School - Forest Schools Practitioner
Required as soon as possible
Part time 18.5 hours per week
Term time only
Grade D £19,171 pa FTE OR Grade E £21,589 pa FTE
Actual salary £8208- £9243
We are a growing Primary School with extensive grounds including a woodland area, an allotment, a huge playing field and a school farm!
We have 390 wonderful children, a widely skilled, energetic and talented team of staff, supportive and engaged parents and a committed Governing Body. Since January 2018, we have been part of a large Multi-Academy Trust and as such are able to access CPD and enrichment opportunities across a wide variety of other settings. We have had a Forest School provision for over a year and we are looking to further develop it so that all of our children grow to genuinely love learning in the great outdoors. Outdoor learning is an integral part of our ongoing curriculum development so there is an opportunity to champion our core provision.
The role will involve working across all year groups from Early Years Foundation Stage through to Year 6. There will be work with smaller groups of children including those with Special Educational Needs. Teaching and Learning doesn’t necessarily need to be confined to our school grounds you could venture to the banks of the River Trent (literally just across the road), to the local orchard, there are so many opportunities locally!
We are looking for an individual who is either an experienced and qualified Forest Schools Practitioner or someone who is keen to complete the training and qualification. The grade of the role and associated salary will be based upon experience.
We would love to hear from you if this is the role for you!
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed, please contact the school office team to arrange a mutually convenient date and time.
The successful candidate will be friendly, have good communication skills as well as the ability to adapt their approach to suit the needs and different personalities of the children.
• Exhibit a calm and reassuring manner
• Be passionate about making a difference to every child.
• Value a team working approach and be keen to contribute and share your skills with colleagues
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to build on and maintain strong relationships with staff, parents and carers, children, governors and the local and wider community.
In return we offer:
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards.
• A happy working environment with friendly and well-behaved children,
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Calm and purposeful environments
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
• Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed Please contact Sally Read, the school’s Business Manager to arrange a mutually convenient appointment.
How to apply
Please download an application form . Completed application forms should be sent by e-mail to the school. Similarly, if you have any questions or queries, please contact the school office.
Closing date: Friday 28 February 2020 (noon)
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6800 children in 18 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire and Derby. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
• Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
• Trust support networks
• Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
• Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
• Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training. Don't forget to check out our Recruitment Privacy Notice
South Wilford Endowed CofE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.