St. Cadoc’s Catholic Primary School
Shaw Close. Llanrumney, Cardiff CF3 5NX
Post Ref: ED50258730
Foundation Phase Class Teacher
Grade : MPS/UPS Full-Time
Required for Monday 12th October 2020 until 31st March 2021
We are a vibrant, happy and successful school who values each member of the school community, and inspires and nurtures them to achieve their best. The Governors wish to appoint a highly motivated teacher who will work creatively and effectively to continue to build upon the many strengths and high standards of the school. The post will be fixed term until 31st March 2021.
We are seeking a teacher who:
• fully shares in our Catholic ethos
• Has vision, drive and energy
• Is creative, innovative, and forward thinking
• Has successful and relevant experience at raising standards in Foundation Phase
• Is an excellent practitioner who is prepared to work hard to ensure the best for each child
• Is able to build positive relationships with pupils and has excellent behaviour management skills
• Has the ability to use ICT effectively to enhance teaching and learning experiences
• Demonstrates excellent organisation and communication skills to work effectively in partnership with parents, staff, governors and the local community
• Uses their initiative to respond to school needs
• Will contribute fully to all aspects of school life
The school offers:
• A strong Catholic ethos where everyone is valued
• Motivated, enthusiastic children who enjoy coming to school and enjoy learning
• A highly committed and talented staff team
• Supportive and committed governors and parents
• A commitment to developing an exciting curriculum which is relevant, engaging and exciting to learners.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Applicants must use the current CES ‘teacher’ application forms which can be downloaded from the CES website or are available from the school, (CES Monitoring Information Form and R.O.A. Disclosure Form must also be completed and returned).
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Completed applications should be returned to the school via e mail by Thursday 1st October, 12pm.
Due to the current COVID -19 circumstances the interview process for this role maybe held on a virtual basis using an appropriate online platform. If you have any concerns around your ability to participate in a virtual interview process please contact the school for a discussion.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.