The Co-Head Teachers and Governors of Seely Primary School wish to appoint an experienced Foundation practitioner who will have responsibility for leading the Foundation team as a job-share with the already experienced Phase Leader. In addition, they would have the responsibility for Looked After Children for the whole Primary School. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who wishes to progress, or continue their progression into senior leadership.
The school is increasing in numbers and we are up to 550 pupils on role plus a 40-place nursery. We have a hard working and dedicated staff and enthusiastic children, who are willing to learn and enjoy coming to school.
The ideal candidate will:
• have had experience of teaching in Foundation Stage
• have a proven track record of raising attainment in Foundation Stage
• be experienced in monitoring and action-planning
• have some experience in observing teaching and learning and giving feedback
• have outstanding behaviour management strategies
• be able to work as part of and lead a team
• be flexible and able to use their own initiative
• be energetic, enthusiastic and creative
• have excellent communication skills
• have high expectations for all children and staff in their team
In return we can offer the successful candidate:
• A thorough induction period to the school
• An experienced phase leader to work alongside
• An enthusiastic, supportive team of colleagues
• A link governor
• Children who want to learn and behave well
• A bespoke CPD programme
The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to enhanced DBS and other employment checks. All short-listed candidates will be expected to bring photographic proof of identity (e.g. passport, driving licence) and qualifications to interview.
The Co-head teachers, Mrs Jacqui Newton and Mrs Sally Pearce, are happy to discuss the vacancy with potential candidates. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and actively encouraged.
To make an appointment or to discuss the post further or to arrange a visit, please contact the school.
Closing date – Friday 28th January 2022
Interviews to be held on Wednesday 9th February 2022
Those invited for interview will be notified by email by Friday 5th February 2022 so please provide a valid email address on your application.
Our primary school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are committed to safe recruitment and therefore the post is subject to an enhanced DBS check