PETER LEA PRIMARY SCHOOL
CARTER PLACE, FAIRWATER, CARDIFF, CF5 3NP
FOUNDATION PHASE TEACHER (MATERNITY COVER)
Post Ref No: ED50052241
MPS / UPS (£24,906 - £40,490 per annum)
Temporary / Full Time
To start: September 2020
The headteacher and governors of this forward looking school are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and dynamic teacher from September 2020 to work in the Foundation Phase. Peter Lea Primary School has 382 pupils (including 96 places in the Nursery) and is situated on the North West outskirts of Cardiff. We have high expectations for achievement and behaviour and give opportunities for a breadth of learning experiences.
We are seeking to appoint a dedicated and enthusiastic teacher to take responsibility for a Foundation Phase Class. The Foundation Phase has a high priority in the school and the applicant would be required to work closely within the Foundation Phase team.
The successful candidate will:
• have an excellent knowledge and understanding of the Foundation Phase;
• have successful and relevant experience at raising standards in the Foundation Phase;
• be an outstanding classroom practitioner with high expectations of behaviour and achievement;
• be able to inspire and motivate children to learn and achieve;
• Be experienced at leading and co-ordinating Religious Education;
• Build on a range of work and teaching styles already practiced;
• Be committed to professional and whole school development;
• Be prepared to undertake an extra-curricular activity;
• be able to assess, set targets and use data effectively;
• show a strong commitment to sustaining the Welsh ethos and assist in the development of Welsh language;
• be a well organised and enthusiastic team player with good interpersonal skills;
• have a good knowledge and understanding of IT and emerging technologies;
• be committed to Safeguarding and Child Protection.
We can offer you:
• a caring and positive ethos;
• friendly, well behaved children;
• a high quality learning environment with excellent resources and facilities;
• supportive staff team who enjoy their work;
• CPD and the opportunity to advance your career.
This post has a requirement for registration with the Education Workforce Council.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post. We also cannot accept application forms by post.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Completed applications should be returned to Linda Parry (click 'Apply Now' for e-mail address) by Friday 10th July 2020 (Noon).
Shortlisted candidates will be notified via e-mail/post week and interviews will take place week beginning Monday 27th July 2020.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.