JOB TITLE: FOUNDATION PHASE TEACHER
SALARY: MAIN SCALE
HRS/WEEK: 32.5 HRS
WEEKS/YEAR: 39 WEEKS
CONTRACT: FIXED TERM FOR ONE YEAR
At Cwmffrwdoer Primary School, we are looking for a lively, innovative and creative teacher who will bring energy and motivation to the classroom to join our dedicated and supportive team of staff. We wish to appoint an inspirational, highly motivated Foundation Phase practitioner who is passionate about providing a rich and creative curriculum that meets the needs of our learners. This person will deliver high quality teaching, whilst successfully nurturing and inspiring our children; they will have high expectations for our learners and enable them to achieve their best. They will also be expected to demonstrate commitment to school improvement whilst maintaining a healthy and happy learning environment.
The right candidate will have:
• knowledge of the New Curriculum for Wales and its means of delivery
• high standards of communication and interpersonal skills
• proven excellent teaching skills
• the mind-set to inspire
• a proactive, calm and flexible working ethic
• high expectations of themselves and the children that they work with
• dedicated and hard working
• the ability to work as part of a team
• the ability to work towards deadlines
• the ability to motivate learners and peers
• resilience and a good sense of humour
• excellent attendance and punctuality
In return we can offer:
• a great working atmosphere
• lovely school grounds providing an exciting outdoor classroom
• a positive, caring and inclusive work environment
• a committed and supportive staff team
• a school that is dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability
• a supportive governing body
• friendly children who are keen to learn
• opportunities for CPD
Candidates are welcomed to visit school through arrangement with the Headteacher, Sarah Truelove after the 12th April 2021.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
You are welcome to submit your application in English or in Welsh. Each application will be treated equally.
Please e-mail completed applications to the school.
Closing Date: Friday 30th April 2021
Shortlisting: Wednesday 5th May 2021
Observations and interviews: Monday 17th/Tuesday 18th May
Post Ref: REQ002798 – 3004
Cwmffrwdoer Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.