Willowbrook Primary School
Post Ref: ED50053111
Foundation Phase Teacher (Maternity Cover) – Year 1
Position to commence November 2019 – July 2020
The Governors invite applications from outstanding Primary Teachers to join our hard-working and happy school team.
The successful candidate will be required to teach in the Foundation Phase and will need to be in a position to commence the post in November 2019.
The chosen candidates will have:
• The skills of an excellent practitioner who will motivate pupils, and develop their self esteem.
• A commitment to professional development and team building.
• Strong interpersonal skills and be pro-active in developing positive links with the wider community.
• A commitment to working in an environment that fosters inclusion and equality.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Applicants are invited to visit the school on
Tuesday 15th October – 9.30am
Requests for application forms should be made to Willowbrook Primary School.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Alternatively, if you are not able to download a copy, you can contact Connect-2-Cardiff (C2C) or e-mail Cardiff Works for an application pack quoting reference: ED50053111 and the job title.
Completed application forms must be returned directly to the school by
Monday 21st October 2019
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.