Willowbrook Primary School
Foundation Phase Teacher x2
Post Ref No: ED50134889 / ED50154842
Main Pay Scale / Upper Pay Scale
Full Time / Permanent
Start Date: 12/04/2021
The Governors of Willowbrook Primary School wish to appoint two outstanding Primary Teachers who will support the school’s vision and join our dedicated, enthusiastic and hard-working school team.
Willowbrook is a vibrant primary school in the east of Cardiff. Our committed team work hard to nurture our pupils to be the best that they can be.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an excellent practitioner who will show understanding of the individual needs of learners both in terms of their learning and well-being.
• Be a positive and engaging teacher with high expectations for all children.
• Be a reflective practitioner with a commitment to professional development and team building.
• Have strong interpersonal skills and be pro-active in developing positive links with the wider community.
• Show a commitment to working in an environment that fosters inclusion and equality.
This post has a requirement for registration with the Education Workforce Council.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Application forms should be completed in full and returned to the school by the closing date.
Closing Date: 21st January 2021 (Noon)
Interviews will take place on Monday 25th January 2021
Due to the current COVID 19 circumstances the interview process for this role will be held on a virtual basis using Microsoft Teams.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.