SEVERN PRIMARY SCHOOL
Post Ref: ED50052839
Foundation Phase Year 1 Teacher
Temporary (for 1 year) Full Time
Start Date: September 2020
The Governors and Headteacher are seeking to appoint a motivated, enthusiastic and inspiring primary teacher to work in a Year 1 class.
Severn Primary School is a happy, vibrant, culturally diverse inner city school with a two form entry, large nursery and wrap around care provision. It is situated in the Canton area of Cardiff about a mile from the centre of the city.
The Governing Body invite applications for a primary teacher to join our successful FP team.
The chosen candidate will:
• be an inspirational, dedicated and highly effective classroom teacher with a sound understanding of effective learning and teaching.
• have high expectations of pupils’ behaviour and achievements
• be committed to developing innovative and reflective approaches to learning and teaching
• have a sound understanding of the National Curriculum Subject Orders and the Literacy and Numeracy Framework
• have the ability to develop pupils’ well being and self esteem
• be able to work as part of a team to achieve the very best for our children
• have a strong commitment to their own learning and professional development
• have a commitment to embrace the vision and aims of our multicultural school.
In return the school can offer:
• a happy, welcoming, successful & caring school
• a stimulating environment with delightful, enthusiastic children who have a desire to learn
• a talented, hard-working and dedicated team of staff
• an enthusiastic and supportive governing body who strive for excellence
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Completed application forms should be returned to the Headteacher, Mr. N. Wilson at the school by 12 noon on Wednesday 8th July 2020
Interview: Wednesday 15th July 2020
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.