A Level 2 Teaching Assistant – full time and permanent (37 hours per week and 40 weeks per year)
We are looking to appoint a highly effective teaching assistant. The post holder will be expected to work across two foundation stage 2 classes.
We are looking for a truly amazing teaching assistant to join our team. We seek to appoint a candidate who can:
• Work as part of a team but use their own initiative;
• Motivate and inspire our pupils;
• Use creativity and passion in their work;
• Form effective relationships with parents, carers and outside agencies;
• Be a positive role model for our children;
• Expect the unexpected and work flexibly, with a good sense of humour;
• Offer other skills and talents to our school.
The successful candidates will have:
• Suitable qualifications for a level 2 TA post( qualified to level 2 NVQ) ;
• Experience of working with inner city children;
• An understanding of target setting and the effective use of steps to achieve targets;
• A commitment to ensuring the safety and well being of our pupils.
• Excellent personal literacy and numeracy skills
In return we can offer:
• A high performing, enthusiastic and supportive team;
• Children who love coming to school and who want to learn;
• An exciting, developing curriculum;
• A well-resourced school;
• Regular high quality training and support:
• A friendly, welcoming environment;
• A talented team of colleagues to work with.
The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to enhanced DBS disclosure and other employment checks. All short listed candidates will be required to bring photographic proof of identity (eg passport, driving licence) and qualifications to interview.
Application packs are available from school on request.
The closing date for applications is: 21st September 2021
We follow the Trust’s policy on safeguarding children and safer recruitment. Within our school we are totally committed to ensuring a vigilant and safe school culture. All members of staff and volunteers work within an agreed school code.
For more information about our school, please see our website.
Scotholme Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.