The Lancaster Academy
Teacher of French
MPR/UPR (possible TLR available for a suitably experienced candidate)
Full Time and Permanent
Required from September 2019
We are delighted to offer this exciting opportunity for an inspirational and highly motivated Teacher of French to join our vibrant and very talented department.
You may be an ambitious, high flyer who is relatively new to the profession or someone who has been teaching for a few years but is ready for a new challenge. The Lancaster Academy is on a journey of school improvement – can you be part of that journey and help us to get to where we need to be and quickly?
Our students achieve very good outcomes in MFL, especially in French. We welcome teachers who want to make a real difference to the lives of our students and who will inspire them to continue their excellent progress within MFL.
It is a very exciting time to join us at Lancaster; we are an 11-16 Academy with 890 students on roll and from August 2018, we became co-educational and now admit girls for the first time. We are committed to providing the best education possible for our students to ensure they reach their full potential and enjoy their learning experience.
We can offer you:
- Students who now believe they can and will achieve
- An excellent opportunity for career progression, both with the Academy and the Trust
- An ambitious leadership team with a clear vision for the Academy
- High quality new build/extensively refurbished learning environments and facilities
We are seeking an inspirational teacher who is motivated by wanting to:
- Join us at this pivotal time on the route to significant improvement
- Have a quick, positive and sustained impact on the outcomes for students at Lancaster
- 'Make a very real difference to the life chances of young people’
- Add to an already effective faculty
- Enjoy a personalised, bespoke programme of CPD and many opportunities offered through the MAT
- Work with a determined leadership team and staff, striving to make improvements at our Academy
This position is available to both newly qualified and more experienced colleagues. We offer excellent training opportunities and bespoke CPD, regardless of experience, and the chance to quickly progress within the Academy.
We encourage you to visit us to see for yourself the opportunities we can provide. For more information and to apply, please contact Mike Sherwin on the below details:
T: O116 253 2389 / O7525 889925
Closing date: 9am Tuesday 14th May 2019
Interview date: TBC
Strong applications will be considered upon receipt.
The Lancaster Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.