French Tutor (Part-time)
Aimez-vous enseigner le français aux enfants?
If yes, then Horsenden Primary School may have just the challenge for you. The Headteacher is looking to further strengthen our Modern Foreign Languages Provision through the teaching of French to whole classes in KS1 and KS2 at Horsenden. We are looking to bring our PPA team (French, Music, Art, PE) in-house with the addition of a passionate French Tutor. This is an ideal role for an experienced French Tutor who enjoys making a positive contribution to the whole school through teaching French.
Contract Type: Part time, 3 days (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm) - Term Time only
Salary: Scale point 23-25 (£30,726 - £31,698 pro rata – includes London Weighting and Ealing Supplement)
The successful candidate will be someone who:
- Is an enthusiastic practitioner who wants to have a positive impact on pupil outcomes
- Has high aspirations for all pupil’s achievement and behaviour
- Is inspired and passionate about learning and has the ability to motivate and inspire others
- Values inclusion and has a genuine interest in working with a team, taking risks and trying new and innovative ways of working
- Has a clear commitment to improvement and has excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills to engage the wider community.
- To teach French across the school in KS1 and KS2 as part of the PPA team.
- To develop our French curriculum ensuring that there is sufficient challenge and progression from Year 1 through to Year 6.
- To achieve high quality teaching, effective use of resources and the highest standards of learning and achievement for all pupils through the provision of a rigorous curriculum.
- Work productively and effectively in collaboration and partnership with learners, parents/carers, governors, other staff and external agencies in the best interests of pupils.
- Treat pupils with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observing proper boundaries appropriate to a teacher’s professional position.
- To work constructively as a member of the team to promote the wellbeing of pupils.
Horsenden Primary school is a larger than average primary school in the Greenford area of the London Borough of Ealing, serving a diverse community. The school is on an exciting journey of improvement and is looking to invest in developing and growing our staff.
What we will offer:
An experienced leadership team focussed on school improvement and committed to professional development for all staff. Support and development through an effective appraisal system and regular feedback from monitoring. An enthusiastic team and motivated children who are eager to make good progress in their learning.
Visits to the school are encouraged, please contact Filomena Carver, Office Manager, to make an appointment to visit the school.
We are committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS). Further information can be found on the Government website.
Closing Date and shortlisting: 17/05/2021 (12pm noon)
Interviews: 20/21 May 2021
Horsenden Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.