MAIN PURPOSE OF POSITION
As a specialist of Functional skills English &/or Maths and preferably with ESOL experience, will drive forward our curriculum offering for English &/or Maths across all areas of the business including Study
Program but predominantly WBL. They will create and maintain a culture of continuous improvement with an unrelenting focus on high expectations, progress and learner achievement.
As English & maths audit the systems and processes for all Initial Assessments, booking of Functional skill exams, collating exam results, disseminating results to all staff and MIS and to provide data relating to these operations in a format to meet the management requirements. They will also be an
IQA for all Functional skills levels and arrange & co-ordinate standardisation activities and support all EQA visits.
KEY RESPONSBILITIES AND DUTIES
- To comply and implement the company’s Maths & English strategy
- Keep up with relevant developments in, learning and teaching that impact upon programmes and delivery
- Identify and advocate introduction of appropriate new teaching methods, such as e-learning, and new modes of delivery, such as part-time or distance learning
- Facilitate dialogue between teaching colleagues to share effective teaching practice and raise awareness of English &/or Maths delivery
- Support vocational staff on English &/or Maths Delivery
- Identify systems’ issues and areas of concern with English &/or Maths and provide workable solutions
- Act as the go to specialist in Functional Skills English &/or Maths and lead the way in promoting its importance within our delivery
- Manage the E-Learning Assessment program by providing logins and leading audit checks on the system to ensure that we are meeting our standards
- Book all Functional skills exams, liaise with teaching staff and Curriculum manager on any issues surrounding this process.
- Ensuring all students are provided with any individual special exam arrangements
- Collate all English & maths results on the agreed time periods and disseminate this information to all staff and manager
- Carry out audit and checks to ensure that deadlines are adhered to for booking of all exams
- English &/or Maths Specialist
- Responsible for supporting and implementing the Maths and English strategy that ensures that the English & Maths requirements of all stakeholders are met and that our learners have the best possible chance of achieving successful results.
- Review the English & Maths curriculum, its delivery and effectiveness and to make recommendations to management for further improvements
- Monitor and oversee targeted improvements in retention, achievement and timely achievement on maths programmes
- Supporting the programme of English &/or Maths audits and quality checks. Ensuring that all actions identified are followed up by tutors to improve the quality of service and the customer experience
Support Managers on the observation planning process
- Provide support and coaching to managers on the delivery of English &/orMaths
Comply with the Safeguarding, Prevent and Health and Safety Policies and be vigilant to potential concerns and risks at all times
- Ensure confidentiality and professionalism at all times
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Teaching qualification e.g PGCE, DTTLS
- A level in English &/or maths. Level 3 in English &/or maths
- Previously worked as, and made a success of English &/or Maths specialist role within
- Education and has working knowledge of Apprenticeships, AEB & Traineeships
- An Assessors’ qualification or working towards
- Relationship with senior and junior colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to present ideas to diverse audiences
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the current FE skills sector
- Excellent IT, analysis and reporting skills
- Enhanced DBS Check
- Clean driving licence
WHAT SCL OFFERS?
- Attractive benefits for you and your family - We offer Life Assurance, Income Protection and reimbursement for dental, optical and alternative health therapies to all of our staff
- An exciting and rewarding employee recognition scheme - We make sure excellence is recognised and give our stars a very special VIP experience at our annual awards
- Investment and Training - We are dedicated to developing you to reach your potential
- Companywide Socials - A chance for the entire company to get together
- Excellent Staff discounts on SCL services - Opportunity to save on childcare costs at SCL provisions
- Childcare vouchers - Opportunity to make tax savings when purchasing childcare vouchers
SCL are an inclusive employer. We will endeavour to meet your needs to ensure that you have equal opportunities during the interview process. Therefore, If you are neurodivergent, have a learning difficulty, or disabled, please let us know in advance of your interview if you require any alternative arrangements
SCL Education & Training is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.