Job Title: Functional Skills Tutor English
Salary: Up to £17.36 per hour
Hours: Variable Hours
Contract Details: Temporary, Part-Time
Start Date: As soon as possible
New College Swindon has gone through an exciting time of change since the merger with Swindon College to become one College. Also, following the successful 20M bid, the new Institute of Technology, opening in September 2022, which will be an inclusive centre for technical qualifications, higher apprenticeships and training for key technical roles. These exciting developments will extend the career opportunities for both our students and staff. It’s a really great time to be joining us!
About the role:
We are looking for a creative and passionate Tutor to teach on English courses up to Level 2 and be able to contribute to other academic and vocational courses.
What we can offer you:
When you join us, you will have access to ongoing support, training and development opportunities to further enhance your experience and skill set through our extensive CPD programme. You will have access to facilities and resources across the two campuses along with an extended support network of colleagues from a wide range of disciplines and industry backgrounds.
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this; we believe you should be rewarded. As a valued member of our team, in addition to a wide range of development opportunities, you will have access to a number of great benefits some of are listed below:
- Sodexo Retail Discount Scheme
- Excellent Pension scheme
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service
Therefore, if you are looking for exciting career opportunities and to work in an expanding, dynamic and successful College, who values their staff, you have come to the right place.
In this role, you will:
- Work with colleagues to ensure that all Maths programmes fully meet the needs of the Awarding Bodies and comply with New College Learning’s quality processes, verifying and standardising colleagues’ assessment practices.
- Coordinate programme delivery, ensuring that tutors plan, prepare and deliver teaching, learning and assessment and information, advice and guidance in line with student requirements.
- Work with the Centre manager and the Lead Administrator to ensure effective student recruitment and to monitor learner attendance through to successful completion of their awards.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Minimum Level 2 in Maths and English (or equivalent)
- A relevant subject related qualification at minimum of Level 3
- Hold a full Level 3 Education and Training
- Up to date working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook
- An in depth knowledge of the subject specialism to teach on level 2 qualifications
- Experience in delivering the reformed functional skills criteria and working with ESOL/Adult learners
For further information, please refer to the job description.
How to apply:
For a full list of our current opportunities go to our Career Page and click apply! If you know of friends or family who would be interested in coming to work for us please feel free to share with them and if you need more information please contact our HR team. We look forward to hearing from you!
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview and by agreement.
Please note an enhanced DBS to the satisfaction of New College, will be required for this role.
On appointment, you will be placed at the salary point aligned to a number of factors, which include, but are not limited to, qualifications, previous relevant experience, current salary and market forces.
Please note that this vacancy may close before the published closing date if sufficient applications are received. If you are interested in this vacancy, please do apply as soon as possible.
Closing Date: 6 June 2022
Our very top priority is your wellbeing and that of our community. Please be assured that we are monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and continuing to follow the latest Government advice and to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, further information will be provided if you are invited to an interview.
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview and by agreement.