Post Title: GCSE Maths Teacher (1 FTE)
Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Full/part time: Full time, permanent.
Hours: 35 hours per week.
Reporting to: Curriculum Manager for Maths & English
Purpose of the role: Delivery of maths learning programs and assistance to students.
• Prepare, teach and assess GCSE Maths courses
• Provide pastoral support to students
• Lead on exams and assessments
• Teaches groups including associated preparation and marking.
• Arranges, monitors and supervises learners on study programmes, educational visits and field trips.
• Designs and prepares innovative and creative learning materials to embed Maths in vocational areas.
• Assesses students, including formative and summative assessments, internal verification and supervision of assessments and exams.
• Maintains and provides records and statistical checks in relation to own teaching, including enrolment checks, attendance records and the like.
• Participates in activities to publicise courses.
• Assists in planning and developing courses and course materials.
• Participates as a member of one or more course teams in employer liaison (as appropriate), maintaining standards and targets, reviewing and evaluating course provision and joint action planning.
• Provides advice and guidance to prospective students together with interviewing and APL work.
• Participates in student enrolment and induction, diagnostics and initial assessments.
• To plan, manage and ensure the effective deployment of the resource requirements for the services that are the responsibility of the role.
• Promotes and implements all Academy policies, particularly those which refer to health and safety, equality of opportunity, maintaining standards of student behaviour and safeguarding young people and vulnerable adults. Participates in Academy programmes of staff appraisal and continuing professional development.
• Develop effective working relationships internally and with external partners.
Qualifications/Competencies Degree or equivalent and qualified teacher status (NQTs welcome to apply)
Relevant Experience Evidence of the ability to deliver consistently good or better teaching, learning and assessment and a proven track record in planning and delivering an excellent learning experience
Experience of teaching with the 16-19 age group
Knowledge A well-developed understanding of the particular needs of the 16- 19 age group both in full-time education and employment and of the professional challenges by inner city students many of whom come from deprived backgrounds
An understanding of and commitment to safeguarding
young people and vulnerable adults.
Big Creative Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.