As part of an ongoing drive to ensure learners receive outstanding GCSE provision, Barnsley College is seeking to recruit talented Maths GCSE specialists. The successful candidate will be required to support the Course Leader for maths in developing new courses and methods of curriculum delivery and to contribute to the overall success rate, growth and development of the department.
GCSE Maths Teacher
Essential Skills Department
37 hours per week, permanent
£23,680 - £29,011 actual salary (performance related pay up to £33,629)
The main duties of the post holder will be:
- To formally teach on a range of courses using a variety of methods.
- To contribute to the review, planning and development of the curriculum.
- To contribute to the development of new courses, curricula and/or methods of delivery.
- To produce and develop schemes of work, lesson plans and develop new teaching and learning materials.
- To promote highly effective relationships with learners to foster learning.
- To contribute to the development of strategies to improve student retention, attendance, achievement, success rates and value added for named courses/cohorts of students.
- Devise and apply a range of assessment activities.
- Assess students work and provide feedback to support learners to improve and achieve their maximum potential, within the policy guidelines.
- Verify and certificate work as appropriate.
If you have the drive, skills, abilities and qualities to make a real difference then we would like to hear from you.
The closing date for applications will be Sunday 5th December.
The successful candidate will receive 55 days annual leave entitlement (including bank and public holidays), access to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme, a commitment to support job related training and development and access to a range of other staff benefits.
Barnsley College is committed to creating a dynamic and diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all candidates regardless of their gender, disability, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation or faith. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum essential criteria will be guaranteed an interview.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.