This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful team at a time of curriculum innovation at a school which has recently received a ‘Good’ judgement by Ofsted. Whether an NQT or experienced teacher, you will enjoy working in this supportive department where your continuing professional development is championed.
• Do you passionately believe that all young people need to be humanities literate to navigate the world around them?
• Can you inspire students to have an enquiring mind?
• Are you ambitious for yourself and others to excel?
If the answer to all three of these is 'yes' and you are a skilled teacher of Geography who is ambitious for every single child who enters your class, then please read on.
An opportunity has arisen to join the Humanities department at Brimsham Green School on a part time basis teaching KS3 Humanities and Geography. The post includes teaching Humanities to Y7 and Y8, and Geography to Y9. The position is a 0.6 fixed term position comprising of some full days, some mornings only and some afternoons only. The position is available from 1 January 2021 until 31 August 2021. You will be joining a team of experienced teachers, several of whom have additional senior and middle leadership roles in school. The department is well led, and leadership is distributed between the Head of Department and a Key Stage three co-ordinator.
At KS4, many students chose to study Humanities subjects. The KS3 curriculum prepares students for these qualifications by emphasising an investigative approach to learning, developing the skills and subject knowledge to enable them to excel. The department's goal is for all students to develop a deep understanding of all Humanities subjects in KS3 and for the majority to want to pursue their Humanities learning further.
Uptake at A Level is very strong, an indicator of the engagement in learning instilled in students throughout KS3 and KS4. Brimsham Green works in partnership with two other local schools as part of Cotswold Edge, a collaborative sixth form, serving the needs of students locally. A Level History, Geography and Economics are currently all taught at Brimsham.
The department is well-resourced, and students' independent learning is promoted. Students have access to online resources, and we are a PiXL partner school.
In return for your hard work, passion and commitment we offer:
• Bespoke CPD, whether you are an NQT or an experienced teacher - we firmly believe 'better never stops'
• A supportive team of departmental colleagues who involve themselves fully in the pastoral and social life of the school
• The opportunity to join a committed team of staff who believe that teaching is a great profession, and who challenge each other to excel
Should you decide that you would like to join the staff team here at Brimsham, challenging and supporting our enthusiastic learners, we look forward to reading your completed application form. Within your supporting statement, please address the following points (this should not exceed two sides of A4):
1. How you have successfully challenged and supported students of varying abilities to make good progress.
2. How you have successfully supported disadvantaged students to excel.
3. Your confidence and competence teaching Humanities subjects outside of your specialism.
If you would like to discuss this role, please do not hesitate to contact the Head's PA, Lynette Bonnick.
The closing date for this post is Friday 11 December 2021. If you have not heard from us by Monday 14 December 2021 then you should assume that unfortunately you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.