WHO WE ARE
Pimlico Academy is a state-funded secondary school based in Westminster, London. We are part of Future Academies, a Multi-Academy Trust which includes three primary schools and six secondary schools in and around London. We are motivated by a mission of social change and reducing educational inequality. Our school and Trust are unique in our approach to a knowledge-rich curriculum; our school moto is Libertas per cultum (Freedom through education), and in our strong emphasis on raising young people’s aspirations and outcomes through the teaching of classical and traditional subjects. Our children and young people study a bespoke curriculum developed by researchers at our Curriculum Centre, which places a focus on developing their cultural literacy and their awareness of the forces, words and events that have shaped our society today.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The ideal candidate for this role will have the ability to inspire children and young people, instilling a love of Geography both as an academic subject and in the world around them. Someone who is a tireless advocate for the subject, who is forward thinking in their approaches to development, change and improvement is essential for this role and school culture; we are developing an academic culture where the highest standards are expected of staff and students.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
• A strong academic record with a 2:1 degree or above from a leading university
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Great passion for their subject with high cultural literacy to deliver sophisticated lessons and continue to raise teaching standards across the Humanities Department
• The enthusiasm and energy required to work with the children and young people in our schools• An inspirational leader, with the capacity to develop excellence in others
• An unwavering belief in the power of education to change lives, as per our trust’s motto, libertas per cultum (freedom through education). We expect all teachers to share in, and feel empowered by, this concept
WHY CHOOSE US?
• Fast career progression. Because knowledge and intelligence, rather than length of service, are lauded and rewarded at Future Academies, teachers can quickly take up great responsibility, adding to their already exceptional experience and knowledge, joining the SLT or writing for the Trust’s Curriculum Centre, where our in-house textbooks are produced.
• The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives. Future Academies serves children and young people from the most socially deprived communities: our teachers can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
• Excellent staff team. You will be working with a supportive leadership team, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals
• Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying to the Geography Teacher post, please complete an application form. The deadline for this position is Friday 11th December at 9am. Further information on working at Future Academies can be found on our website.
Early applications are encouraged, as they will be reviewed upon receipt. The academy reserves the right to make an appointment before the application deadline.