Westacre Middle School
Role: Teaching Assistant Grade 2
Contract: 29 hours 25 minutes per week term time only
Salary: £19,650 – £20,043 pro rata
Required Start: September 2022
Westacre is a popular and oversubscribed school in Droitwich set in extensive grounds with a strong and embedded primary ethos. We are looking for a kind, committed and dedicated Teaching Assistant to join our team to support our children with SEND.
Our Teaching Assistants work 8.15 am – 3.00 pm Monday – Friday including one break duty per week of 15 minutes. They also play a vital role as part of the Lunchtime Supervision team, supporting positive and structured play three times a week during lunch breaks, on a rota basis.
The post will include:
- Working in classes under the direction of a teacher supporting small groups or providing one to one focused support
- Preparing and organising resources to support small group teaching and specialist interventions as required across the 3 year groups
- Supporting the work of year leaders by undertaking administrative work
- An opportunity to contribute to an after school club activity, for which payment is in addition to the stated salary, if you would like to engage in wider school life
What we offer:
- An excellent opportunity for you to develop your practice with a commitment to your continued professional development
- A highly skilled and supportive teaching and teaching assistant team
- An excellent working environment in a well-resourced school
- Local government pension scheme
- Local authority discount scheme
- A culture which actively supports the wellbeing of employees
For further information about Westacre, then please do take a look at our website. Visits to school are encouraged and welcomed; please contact the School Office to arrange.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced DBS clearance certificate.
Closing Date: 11th July 2022 8.00 am, interviews to follow later that week.
Westacre Middle, Droitwich is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.