We are offering the opportunity for a graduate who aspires to be a teacher, to gain experience working as a Graduate Learning Support Assistant at Sythwood.
Sythwood has an excellent reputation as a school which mentors those aspiring to teach and has a long-standing partnership with Surrey South Farnham teaching programme; we have supported more than 20 teachers to achieve QTS over the last 6 years.
Our partnership has been so successful that nearly half of our current teaching staff have come through our ‘in-house’ training.
The Governing Body of Sythwood Primary School and Children’s Centre is inviting applications for the role of Graduate Learning Support Assistant.
This role would suit someone who:
• is excited about learning
• is innovative and creative
• is committed to working with a team
• can develop strong supportive relationships with children and the community
• will make a strong contribution to the whole school team
Sythwood Primary School is a popular and successful 3 form entry school situated in Goldsworth Park, Woking. We are part of the Bourne Education Trust. Our school has excellent resources, which include a specialist centre for visually impaired children, a Breakfast club and an After School club. We also have a Children's Centre with a reach of over 2000 families.
Sythwood children by the end of year 6 will:
• Be proud of their achievements and unique talents
• Be happy and secure in who they are so they are able to contribute to the wider community
• Have mastered the core skills in reading, writing and maths to be ready for their next stage in education
• Have a thirst for learning and have high aspirations for their future
• Have been developed as a whole child to be independent, resilient and courteous
• Be confident communicators
• Be aware of their own health and well-being and that of others
To achieve this, every day we will strive to:
• Be exceptional role models and have consistently high expectations
• Use every second purposefully so the children master the basics, experience challenge and make accelerated progress
• Develop the whole child through a broad curriculum and enriching experiences, which are accessible for all
• Treat everyone with respect and compassion
• Listen to the views of and work in collaboration with our community
• Have meaningful relationships with the children and be adaptable to their needs
• Celebrate diversity of our children and our community
The role will include, but is not limited to, supporting teachers both in and out of the classroom environment and undertaking playtime and lunchtime duties.
As an LSA in our school you may also be asked to deliver appropriate interventions to small groups and individuals, and undertake observations relevant to the learning outcomes of an activity, assessment and record-keeping. Part of your role will also be to ensure the physical welfare of pupils and assist pupils with their physical needs as appropriate and agreed.
Applicants must have a degree and must also have GSCE C+ or equivalent in Maths and English.
Our new Graduate Learning Support Assistant will join a successful school with a strong and supportive team of colleagues. Our 'Good' Ofsted report said "Staff are overwhelmingly positive about the school and feel proud to work there. They report that leaders are supportive and help them to achieve their best!". We would love to show you around our school, so please call or email Christabel Holmes to arrange a visit. Interviews will take place as and when suitable candidates apply.
Sythwood Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.