Cheshire College South and West - Graduate Lecturer Programme
Length: 1 year (Full time)
Placement Hours: 18 hours per week
Location: All Campuses
We are looking for outstanding graduates who aspire to teach English, Mathematics, Science, Computing or Engineering in the Further Education sector. This is a unique opportunity to train as a lecturer in outstanding facilities within a growing environment, supported by experienced staff, with the opportunity to earn a bursary of up to £26,000.
Successful candidates will be enrolled to our PGCE programme, where you will have access to a guaranteed placement within one of our departments at one of our three campuses. The place on the PGCE course will be self-funded by the successful applicant, which could be via a Student Loan.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
• A good honors degree (2:1 or higher).
• A level 3 qualification in the subject you wish to teach.
• GCSE grade 4/C in both English and mathematics.
• A passion to teach in Further Education.
On successful completion of the programme, successful applicants will be guaranteed an interview for any internal opportunity that exists at that time, within the relevant department.
Successful applicants may also be eligible for a bursary of up to £26,000. To be eligible to apply, you must:
• be eligible to receive student support;
• have achieved a standard equivalent to GCSE grade 4/C or above in English and mathematics, and at least a Level 3 qualification in their subject of training (or have appropriate professional experience);
• be taking a qualifying pre-service ITE course in England;
• not already be in possession of a diploma in education and training (DET), DET compliant qualification or equivalent;
• not have already received a full FE ITE bursary award for a previous FE ITE programme or a full FE ITE grant for a previous qualification;
• not already hold, or be eligible to receive, early years teacher status (EYTS), qualified teacher status (QTS), qualified teacher learning and skills (QTLS) status or Advanced Teacher Status (ATS);
• not receive a salary or other payment for any teaching work associated with the FE ITE programme for which they are receiving the bursary;
• not be simultaneously undertaking any other ITE course, training scheme or programme, that leads to a DET or DET- compliant qualification;
• not be on an apprenticeship programme; and
• meet other related expectations, including intending to seek an FE teaching post in England after qualification.
How to apply:
Please complete our application form by 5pm on 29th April 2021.
The selection process will take place week commencing 3 May 2021.
Cheshire College South & West is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, offering exciting opportunities for its 600 staff, 12,000 learners and 1,800 Apprentices, who all have access to the contemporary environments at our modern campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester. Governors, staff, and learners are celebrating after Ofsted recently rated the College “Good”. Ofsted praised the College for its “highly-effective” education programmes, which meet the specific needs and aspirations of learners and extends beyond the knowledge and skills needed to complete their qualifications. The College is a key driver in the regeneration of the region, providing innovative approaches to teaching and vocational learning and an exceptional workplace.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
South Cheshire College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.