This role is to assist in the support and integration of students with physical disabilities and/or special educational needs within a mainstream school. The successful candidate will attend to the pupils’ personal needs and implement related personal programme including social, health, physical, personal hygiene, and first aid and welfare matters.
Ideal candidate will have:
• Educated to degree level or above
• GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above
• An enthusiasm for education
• You would need to be able to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and written as you will be supporting the students learning in the classroom
• An abundance of patience and physical dexterity
• The ability to establish professional and supportive relationships
• Recent experience of working in a school and/or with teenagers would be a distinct advantage
In addition to the salary, we offer the following:
• 24 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
• Access to the Surrey Flex Benefits Scheme, providing discounts on a range of services
• Level 1 Cover – with Westfield Health
• Contributory Local Government Pension Scheme
• Complimentary access to the onsite Leisure Centre
• Onsite secure parking
If this position is of interest and you are ready for a fresh challenge, then we would like to hear from you. For details and an application form, please see our website in the ‘join Us’ section.
Application Process Closing Date: 10am, 3rd September 2019.
The School reserves the right to appoint before the closing date therefore early application is advised.
Interview Date: w/c 9th September 2019
We do not accept, nor will we be bound by, any unsolicited applications from agencies - such applications will be deleted and CVs will not be considered. Applications will be considered as they are received, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date.
Sunbury Manor School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers, and evidence of qualifications will be required.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to a DBS check and will be expected to provide proof of identity and qualifications.