Do you aspire to a career in teaching? Would you like to become part of the continuing development of our successful and happy school? Working as a Graduate Teaching Assistant will enable you to gain experience in the classroom with a vision of moving into the teaching profession for September 2021
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and committed professional:
Hours: Full-time 8.30 am – 3.30 pm (possibility of part-time)
The successful candidate will have:
- the skills to motivate and encourage children to achieve their best
- the ability to adapt and deliver support for individual and groups of children with the support of the class teacher/Special Needs Leader
- flexibility and willingness to work as part of our hardworking, supportive team.
What you can expect from Tillingbourne:
- Following gaining experience as a Teaching Assistant, the opportunity to move to the Initial Teacher Training Program at Tillingbourne
- Working as part of a highly motivated team who put community and collaboration at the heart of the school
- Quality professional development and personalised training
- Opportunity to work in a school where children ‘have excellent attitudes to learning’ (Ofsted 19)
- Working in a school which is committed to diversity, inclusion and success for all
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check in line with the school’s policy towards safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.
Currently visits to school are postponed. If you would like to discuss the school and this role prior to applying, please email the school office and we will contact you directly.
Closing date: Monday 22nd June 2020.
Interviews by Zoom: Monday 29th June 2020
Tillingbourne Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.