Hanham Woods Academy is a popular secondary academy located in Hanham, Bristol and provides education to approximately 900 student aged 11-16. Hanham Woods Academy is part of the Cabot Learning Federation (CLF). The CLF is the largest non-diocesan academy group in the South West. The CLF currently sponsors 16 academies, one of which is all through, six are secondary, eight are primary and one is a studio school catering for students aged 14 to 19. The Federation also has an overarching CLF Post 16 and specialist inclusion centres. Together we educate over 9000 children between the ages of 3 and 19 and the Federation enjoys steady growth.
This role is based at Hanham Woods Academy reporting to the Site Manager and sits within the wider CLF estates team. You will undertake a range of duties which will be a combination of both grounds and caretaking and will include:
- Ensuring the maintenance program for the grounds, outdoor sports areas and gardens across the site is carried out to high standard
- Liaising with the PE department and other staff regarding the seasonal use of grounds and pitches to ensure they are ready for the required activity
- Carrying out grounds maintenance tasks to include strimming, pruning, edging, turfing, weeding, spraying, planting, digging and watering
- Snow clearance and gritting of paths and walkways during bad weather
- Ensuring cleanliness of the site to include litter picking
- Assisting with planned preventative maintenance and compliance testing
- Supporting with general maintenance and repairs
- Championing a strong Health & Safety culture
The successful candidate will be suitably qualified or able to demonstrate that they have the required experience and skill set to undertake this role. You must be a team player with good communication skills. You must be able to prioritise and manage work flow whilst maintaining a flexible approach to respond to urgent requests.
To apply please complete the CLF application form, CVs will not be accepted.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive pre-employment checking process including references from current and previous employers, health and right to work in the UK. The checks will also include an enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list.
Please note updates regarding an application, which could include an invite to interview, will be sent to the email address used when registering an account. Copies of all correspondence will also appear under the ‘messages’ section in the event that emails are being directed to a ‘junk’ or ‘trash’ folder. Therefore, please ensure regular checks are made with regards to the status of an application.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment.