Do you have what it takes to support our mission to Improve lives in our communities?
Novus Cambria brings together the wealth and breadth of experience of Novus – the number one provider of education, training and employability services to offenders in England, and Coleg Cambria –one of the UK’s largest and highest performing colleges.
Our focus is on offering the very best career prospects for local people in North Wales and providing our learners with the life changing opportunity to find work within our communities upon release. Wales is at the heart of our organisation and our strong links with employers and stakeholders across North Wales and nationally allows us to provide the highest level of learning and skills at our state-of-the-art learning establishment at HMP Berwyn. Together we can change lives and make a difference to our communities.
HMP Berwyn will offer exceptional learning & skill provision with a focus on rehabilitation to the men it houses. The curriculum offer will support this process and we are seeking exceptional staff to help us deliver this agenda across a wide range of areas.
As directed by the Hub Manager for Vocational Training/WBL you will facilitate delivery in your curriculum area ensuring that you meet budget, quality and operational targets. You will deliver high quality, learner focused education to meet contractual requirements and standards, in line with agreed policies and procedures.
• Plan, organise and deliver a vocational competency based curriculum up to Level 3
• Within a Scheme of Work, develop lesson plans to ensure compliance with curriculum best practice and quality targets
• Ensure the safeguarding of learners
• Work collaboratively with Essential Skills tutors/Learning Support practitioners to support literacy, numeracy and digital literacy skills within the programme.
• Ensure that learner records are accurate and maintained in line with data protection and agreed policies.
• Compliance with agreed policies and procedures.
• Timely and accurate completion of documents related to accreditation, funding and compliancy
• Participate in continual professional development activities to ensure skills and qualifications are in line with sector best practice.
• Ensure compliance with Health & Safety legislation and prison security requirements
• Hold a minimum L3 qualification in relevant subject specific area - Essential
• PGCE/Cert Ed - Desirable
• Hold at least a level 2 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy - Essential
• Hold appropriate assessor qualification - Essential
• To hold or commit to gain an Internal Verifier award within 1 year (dependent upon course accreditation requirements) - Essential
• The ability to speak fluent Welsh - Desirable
• Have experience in the relevant vocational area - Essential
• Experience within a similar role - Essential
• Experience of working within the appropriate vocational sector - Essential
• Experience of working within a prison, further education or training setting - Essential
Job Specific Skills
• Able to fulfil delivery targets and plans - Essential
• Achievement of quality targets, including those related to recruitment, retention and achievement - Essential
• Produce accurate and timely reports - Essential
• Positive contribution to establishment planning & development processes - Essential
• Positive team working - Essential
• To actively contribute to Novus Cambria’s commitment to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of learners and staff
• To actively contribute to the principles of Equality and Diversity within the prison
• To work flexibly as required
• To carry out such training, re-training and updating as may be necessary to fulfil the requirements of the post
• To ensure duties are carried out with full regard to Health & Safety legislation and to enable Novus Cambria to meet its objectives in providing a safe and healthy environment for all users
• To demonstrate an empathy with the Welsh culture
• To undertake other duties that Management may, from time to time, reasonably require, commensurate with the grade
Novus Cambria is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.