Group Finance Officer
Location: Based at NSPCC National Training Centre, Beaumont Leys. (Travel to other schools will be required on a regular basis)
Contract Detail: 37 Hours per week, term time plus 2 weeks (40 weeks per year) – Hours negotiable
Salary: Grade 9 £24,801 – 26,925 pro rata
Discovery Schools Trust seeks to employ an energetic Group Finance Officer to provide financial administration and support across our Academy Trust Schools. We require a candidate with a background in finance and good communication and interpersonal skills.
The ideal candidate will:
- have finance experience
- have accounting software and Excel experience
- be experienced/have knowledge of working in schools (although this is not essential)
- have the ability to manage their own time and prioritise
- embrace new challenges
- be committed to innovation and have a drive to learn
- be flexible and work as a team player
Discovery Schools Trust is a successful 13 school Multi-Academy Trust. The post will be based at our corporate offices at NSPPC, Beaumont Leys but will require travel to schools therefore a driving licence is essential.
What can we offer you?
Schools within Discovery Schools Trust have a close family atmosphere and hardworking teams dedicated to meeting children’s needs.
This position offers individuals the:
- opportunity the shape the future of the financial support schools receive within the Trust
- guarantee of working in a fast paced and exciting environment
- chance to develop skills and knowledge in a growing organisation
- opportunity to take on more challenging responsibilities
- flexible working pattern
- potential for career development
- support for financial qualifications
Discovery Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to Disclosure and Baring service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks
Previous applicants need not apply
Closing date: 29th September 2019
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to Disclosure and Baring service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks