EH Adult and Child CareTutor – £27.54 per hour
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Adult and Childcare tutor to deliver and assess Access to HE qualifications across both Adult Health and Social Care and Children and Young People to a range of adult learners (19+) from in and around London. These qualifications will provide learners with the skills and knowledge that they require to enable them to progress onto Higher Education. You will be responsible for providing teaching, learning and assessment across our provision with opportunities to support learners and develop your skills across the service.
You will be responsible for delivering all elements of the program, providing support and guidance to learners, ensuring that they are challenged and that they complete their qualification in a timely manner.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Designing resources and assignment briefs where appropriate.
• Delivery training and support both face to face and remotely to groups and/or individuals
• Supporting the curriculum initial advice and guidance process for prospective
learners to ensure we have the right candidates on the right courses.
• Carryout continuous diagnostic assessments as part of the learners’ journey.
• Tracking learners progress through timely and accurate reports.
• Ensuring all documentation (assignment briefs, tracking documents, progress reviews, Individual Learning Plans, attendance registers, portfolios etc) are completed to a satisfactory level and in a timely fashion.
• Conduct Internal Quality Assurance activity as directed by the department Co Ordinator
• A recognised teaching qualification for the lifelong learning sector, preferably
PGCE or equivalent
• Recognised Internal Verification qualification
• An up-to-date CPD record (30 hours year)
• Adult or Child Care qualification at level 4 or above
• Occupational experience of the Adult or Childcare sector
• Strong digital skills
What we offer:
We offer excellent employment benefits including a public sector pension scheme and opportunities for Continuous Professional Development.
Please quote reference number ED/WAES/954
The closing date is 9am Wednesday 12 August 2020.
Interviews for this post will take place Wednesday 19 August 2020.
To apply for this post, please visit our website.
Westminster Adult Education Service is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.