Higher Education Learning Mentor
Salary: £20,968-£23,189 per annum (L3 – L5), pro-rata
Hours: Full or part time, term-time only
This is an exciting time for University Centre Reaseheath as our Higher Education programmes continue to grow and develop. Our HE Support Team deliver bespoke in-house support for our students, allowing each and every one to reach their full potential. We are seeking to increase our support capacity by recruiting a Learning Mentor to deliver DSA funded 1:1 support to students with SpLD’s.
We can offer you:
• The chance to work within a supportive team environment
• Funded professional CPD
• Access to regular in-house CPD
• Timetabled individual 1:1 meeting rooms
• Administrative support
• A competitive benefits package including an on-site gym, day kennels, childcare vouchers, free parking and a cycle-to-work scheme.
In order to deliver DSA funded support, the successful candidates are required to hold the following qualifications;
• Essential - Degree or equivalent
• Essential - Professional membership of one of the following organisations:
PATOSS, BDA, ADSHE, Dyslexia Guild
OR Meet the mandatory criteria* qualifications for delivery of DSA funded Specialist Mental Health Mentoring.
• Desirable – Meet the mandatory criteria* qualifications for delivery of DSA funded ASD support.
• Desirable – Teaching Qualification
Good team working and communication skills are essential for working within this tight-knit team.
Please note these roles constitute ‘regulated activity’ as defined by the Protection of Freedom Act 2012. The successful candidates will therefore be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check with barred list information prior to starting employment.
You must have the right to work in the UK and will be required to provide evidence to support this
Closing Date: 18th November 2020
Reaseheath College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.