Are you an experienced Grounds professional seeking a new challenge?
Are you passionate about providing a safe and pleasant school site for our students?
If so, this is the job for you!
Thomas Deacon Education Trust are looking to appoint a Head Groundsperson to manage the Grounds team and have overall responsibility for the care of all sports pitches, trees, gardens, paths and drives across all TDET school sites. This role will involve working to a regular preventative maintenance schedule across all schools, liaising with relevant departments to ensure the set-up and maintenance of sports surfaces and pitches, and arranging for the purchase of supplies and services. Other responsibilities include maintaining the holiday rota for the Grounds team, monitoring absence and staff performance management. You will also maintain the Grounds budget.
Please note that this role is based at Thomas Deacon Academy, however the successful candidate will have responsibility for the grounds of all schools within the Trust.
The successful candidate will have a sound knowledge and practical experience of hard and soft landscaping, health and safety, and communication. Working to your own initiative is essential, as is the ability to schedule your time and organise conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment. You must also hold a full current driving license with the ability to tow.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the most well-regarded Trusts in the eastern region. We have bright and exciting future and we are looking for an ambitious and dedicated person to steer the team through the next stage of its development.
The Trust offers:
• Excellent salary package.
• Fantastic training/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
• Opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust.
• Use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking).
• Local Government Pension Scheme.
• An engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school.
• An inclusive and collaborative approach.
• A talented, highly motivated, committed and professional team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust.
• An actively supportive Local Governing Body and Trust leadership.
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.