Sir William Perkins’s School is a high-performing independent girls’ school for approximately 600 students aged 11 – 18 years.
Our Vision is to build confidence, integrity and excellence in a caring, innovative and happy community, so that each student leaves having been given the best possible chance of achieving their full potential, taking with them sound values, a breadth of skills and knowledge and ready to take on the world!
Our Head is both a member of HMC and GSA.
Head of Biology
Start Date: April 2021 or September 2021 (flexible start date)
We are looking for an enthusiastic, well-qualified graduate who is passionate about their subject to lead, develop and support our Biology department to teach our highly motivated students.
This is a permanent, full-time position starting in either April or September 2021 and there is flexibility to secure the right candidate
The successful candidate will must be able to confidently teach up to A Level and the ability to teach KS4 Chemistry or Physics would be an advantage.
We would love to hear from you if you have the ability to:
• Ability to lead and motivate a team, manage a department and monitor provision
• Relate effectively and to earn the confidence of colleagues, students and parents
• Up to date knowledge of the examination specification and track record of excellent results
• Use strategies that effectively support the School’s policies and procedures
And if you also have:
• A good working knowledge of Teaching and Learning issues reflected in classroom practice
• Excellent organisational, time management skills and IT skills and willingness to embed and embrace the School’s Digital Strategy
The Biology, Chemistry and Physics Departments work closely together, and are taught as three separate subjects all through the School and are supported by three technicians. Biology is a popular subject at A Level and the department has well-equipped laboratories plus two Sixth Form science laboratories. There is plenty of scope for varied and diverse teaching strategies.
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to join our team, your cover letter and application should be addressed to the Head, Mr C C Muller.
Helen Wood, our HR Manager, would be pleased to talk to you further about this opportunity, so please contact her in the details provided in the candidate information pack
Vacancy will be live until Monday 25 January 2021 at 1pm
Applications will be considered on arrival and the School reserves the right to interview and appoint before the closing date. Interviews will be conducted firstly by Zoom Meeting.
SWPS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.