Head of Computing
Start Date: September 2019 or January 2020
Closing Date: 25 September 2019
TSAT Teacher Scale £25,750 - £39,964 per annum, plus TLR of £4,728
We are currently recruiting for an exceptional Head of Computing to join Goodwin Academy. Goodwin Academy is a vibrant and engaging Key Stage 3-5 mixed Academy, which is sponsored by the Thinking Schools Academy Trust.
As Head of Computing you will lead the department and be committed to the progress of staff and students. Through yours and the departments enthusiasm and subject knowledge you will be committed to transforming the life chances of our students.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a qualified and experienced Computing or ICT Teacher
- Be able to consistently deliver good or outstanding practice
- Be experienced in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum
- Have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments, particularly those relating to computing and ICT
- Be an inspiring teacher with real enthusiasm for the subject
- Be able to motivate his/her pupils
- Be committed to high standards for both staff and students
- Be prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the Academy
- Have excellent knowledge/experience of teaching ComputingImplement and support all Academy policies
- Be able to collaborate with other leaders and managers in raising standards within the curriculum to Good and Outstanding including all student groups.
- Be able to raise standards of teaching, learning and progress to ensure all subject staff deliver and all students receive Good and Outstanding lessons.
- Be able to coach and mentor subject staff to raise standards in learning and progress to be Good and Outstanding.
What we can offer you:
- A newly built school with a stunning teaching environment and state of the art technology
- Excellent gym facilities
- Regular CPD and social events, including Trust CPD days, the Trust Christmas party and regular Trust theatre trips to London
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding practice through resources, mentoring and school visits
Goodwin Academy is a vibrant and engaging key stage 3-5 mixed academy based in the heart of Deal.
Goodwin Academy is sponsored by the Thinking Schools Academy Trust and is part of a family of schools located in Kent, Medway and Portsmouth. We currently have 17 academies in our Trust, including secondary, primary, infant, junior academies. Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a highly successful and rapidly growing trust, ranked as the highest performing academy trust in the country for 2018 at KS4. It has high expectations for all academies, setting ambitious targets for pupils learning and progress. Goodwin Academy is incredibly proud to be a part of this Trust.
At Goodwin, we are committed to transforming the life chances of our students, ensuring that all are supported and encouraged to achieve their personal best. We deliver this through the BEST Agenda - ‘Be Your Best’ with BEST being an acronym for:
- B = Brilliance, where students will be supported to be brilliant in everything they do.
- E = Enrichment, where students will encounter a variety of educational opportunities outside of the classroom.
- S = Society, where students will be encouraged to develop as responsible, active and informed world citizens, demonstrating mutual respect, empathy and community spirit.
- T = Thinking, where students will join a global community of thinkers.
We pride ourselves on our caring and compassionate ethos, which enables our students to grow in a supportive atmosphere conductive to their development. Where students need additional support, we will look to meet their needs through our highly effective pastoral system.
The school has a thriving extra-curricular programme with many opportunities for students to grow their talents. In the sporting arena, the school has a wide range of very successful teams and have regular student productions, dance shows and exhibitions.
Ultimately, we aspire for our students to develop their academic and life skills, so that they become confident, well-rounded and contented individuals and are equipped and ready to be successful for the world of work and the challenges of the 21st Century.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in a newly-built school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career and join at the start of a new and exciting time for this academy, then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.