We are seeking an experienced Head of Digital Literacy to lead the teaching and learning of Computing across the school, with a particular focus on candidates with experience of the Apple Distinguished Schools program.
Foremarke already consistently delivers academic results, attainment made even more remarkable in that many of our children do not have English as their first language.
We prepare pupils not only to pass examinations but also for an enriched and productive adult life. Our curriculum is rigorous but this co-exists with sensitivity to the individual needs of our pupils, who are challenged but not overwhelmed. We place great on all of our subjects and teach in new, well resourced, well designed facilities using cutting edge technology for academic delivery and digital literacy.
Our curriculum follows the National Curriculum for England and is enhanced with elements of the ISEB curriculum, designed to meet the rigorous standards of our pupils.
As part of the Evolvence Group, we share expertise across our group of schools and nurseries in UAE and offer great opportunities for career progression for those who seek advancement, along with opportunities for formal development for all through our partnerships with Apple and renowned Management and Leadership Development Programs.
Subject to KHDA approval, we will also open years 9 in 2020, and particularly welcome applications for senior years.
We offer an exceptional employment package plus Head of Department allowance, also to include:
- Family benefits for you, your spouse and up to 2 dependent children including:
- Private healthcare
- Annual flight tickets allowance
- High quality accommodation close to the school
- The opportunity to live and work in one of the most vibrant and forward thinking cities on earth.
The ideal candidates will have the following qualifications, skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree and QTS (with appropriate specialisation);
- Minimum 25 years old;
- Exceptional communication skills and cultural sensitivity;
- Teaching experience in a UK preparatory school, UK Curriculum International School or UK state school
- The ability to innovate, excite and inspire children and colleagues;
- Willing to embrace new methods of teaching delivery, particularly using Apple tech as we are an Apple Distinguished School;
- Minimum of 2 years full time, post-qualification teaching experience in the same field.
The Repton Family of Schools is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects the same from its employees. All new staff will be subject to detailed and enhanced pre-employment clearance, including identity checks, criminal background checks for all countries lived in, qualification checks, employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment, and satisfactory reference checks for all employment in the last 5 years.