We seek to appoint an enthusiastic, creative and dynamic leader in technology with the ability to teach Food to at least GCSE level. The successful applicant will be passionate about inspiring our students and staff and be a team player who brings the best out of colleagues. We would be particularly interested to hear from applicants who are able to teach across a range of technology subjects, but primarily the teaching responsibility will focus on Food.
The department offers Design and Technology to all students in Key Stage 3, after which time students may opt for a GCSE in DT or Food. We currently also offer A levels in Food and Nutrition, and Fashion and Textiles.
This post provides exciting opportunities for a person looking for the next stage of their teaching career. We offer a full support and induction programme for all new staff and a commitment to continued professional development.
The successful applicant will be:
• Able to motivate and inspire
• Have a good knowledge of the latest technology and its application in school
• Able to deliver multiple Design and Technology disciplines
• Able to deliver Food to at least Key Stage 4
• Qualified to deliver Food/Design and Technology across Key Stage 3
• An excellent communicator who is able to meet deadlines
• A reflective practitioner who is willing to take an active role in the wider life of the school
• A strong team player
• Passionate about the success of students, the department and the school
Please note we are unable to provide feedback to applicants who are not shortlisted for interview.
Archway School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.