Drawing on 450 years of education excellence from Harrow School, UK, Asia International School Limited (AISL) has almost 25 years of experience in quality education, opening international schools in Bangkok (in 1998), Beijing (in 2005), Hong Kong (in 2012) and Shanghai (in 2016).
Bringing world-class bilingual education to Zhuhai, the opening of Harrow Innovation Leadership Academy (Harrow ILA) Zhuhai marks a significant milestone for education in Zhuhai and the Greater Bay Area.
Harrow ILA Zhuhai, is situated in Hengqin in a prime location next to Novotown in the New District area. With a campus covering 47,915 m2, the school will accept students from Grades 1 to 7 (age 6 to 13) in its first year. Designed by renowned architects, Aedas and with input from Harrow’s school design specialists, at capacity, the campus can accommodate approximately 1,200 students, including 317 boarders (from Grade 4 and above).
Interactive outdoor learning spaces encourage students to engage with a natural educational environment; facilities linked by green pathways with a range of multipurpose spaces distributed across the campus, support learner collaboration and a sense of community.
Additional to our main site, we will be opening an attractive and spacious Harrow ‘Little Lions’ (LL) Early Years Centre alongside the launch of Harrow ILA Zhuhai. The Harrow LL site is some 30 minutes away from the Harrow ILA Zhuhai campus, enjoying all the amenities of a high quality stand-alone kindergarten facility, though with strong ties to the HILA.
We are seeking a high performing and experienced Head of Early Years commencing August 2021. Successful applicants are offered two year renewable contracts with highly competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions.
Purpose of Job
• Establish, evaluate and develop the academic aims and standards of the Lower School in partnership with students, staff, governors, HIMS personnel and parents
• Take responsibility for the leadership, and management of the Early Years
• Assist the Head of Lower School in establishing and maintaining a vibrant and thriving school
• Manage the performance of the Early Years teaching staff
• Ensure that quality educational programmes take place in a safe, positive and healthy learning environment
We welcome applications from the UK state and independent sector as well as from those working internationally. Opportunities to work with our boarders may be available.
Please apply for this vacancy if you meet the following requirements:
· Appropriate degree, with UK PGCE, or other teaching qualification giving QTS
· Minimum 4 years senior leadership experience
· Familiarity with the National Curriculum of England
· Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
· A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
· Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
· Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
· Previous experience working with students for whom English is not their first language
· A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
· A clean International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC) or police check (for applicants who have never worked in UK) and no question regarding suitability to work with
Early applications encouraged as shortlisting / interviews will be held on a rolling basis
The safeguarding of our students is at the core of all that we do. All appointments are conditional on:
· Acceptable police checks (or equivalent) from the country of origin and from all countries in which you have worked
· Appropriate references from your current and previous employer, corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee
Educational Excellence for Life and Leadership